8th December (2)

- Southpole Incident
- Percy/Apollo/Hermes
- Romantic

////

"Oh, look, another letter for Saaanta." Percy teased his partner (both work and romantic); he had a large, taunting smile on his face as he did so.

Hermes (said work and romantic partner) scowled back at him, his eyebrows slightly furrowed in insulted exasperation.

--

"-anta... th...nk... can' bel...ve. 's if pe...ple a'tually thin' ...nk that." Was muttered as Hermes flew over the land, flying so high that he was imperceptible to the human eye.

As he flew over the North Pole, the being's barely coherent ramblings intensified, spurred on by the memories that Hermes now associated with the place, and had done for going on seventy long, long years at this point.

--

"I flew passed the North Pole today." Hermes announced as he entered the home he shared with his two partners.

He found his boyfriends snuggled together on one of their home's many couches, and he wanted nothing more than to join them immediately.

So he did. Obviously.

"Did you now?" Apollo asked, his voice as gentle as the hand he moved to comb through Hermes' hair with.

"Yeah. Brought up some tough memories, though."

Percy cooed at him, annoyingly enough.

--

Apollo stopped in one of their shared home's many kitchens, coincidentally the very one that Percy just so happened to be in.

"Bumped into old Nicky on my drive this morning." He stated.

"Oh yeah? And how did that go?"

Apollo sighed, dragging his hand down his face, with his palm flat against his cheek, as he answered. "Not great."

"Wanna talk about it anymore than that? Or would you rather we talk about something else?"

Apollo swallowed, blinking sluggishly as he slumped against the kitchen counter.

"Can we talk about something else, please?"

"Of course we can." Percy assured.

--

"Do you remember my old job; when I worked for Nick? I keep thinking about what things were like back then. I think I miss it."

"Shouldn't have blown up his home base then." Apollo joked.

(As he did so, he stared straight at Hermes, even made eye contact with the other being in order to confirm that Hermes really did understand the fact that what he had said was a joke. It wasn't meant to be taken to heart, or even be considered seriously. Definitely not intended to harm him in any way.)

Percy looked up, then, from this little fidget toy he had knicked from a long-time elf friend of his. (Who definitely knew that he had taken what he had, and had let him both go ahead and get away with it. So, surely, he hadn't even stolen it - as long as you look at the situation on the basis of technicality.)

Percy's eyebrows furrowed, bewildered, and his head tilted slowly to one side. He was the definition of baffled right now, the epitome of confusion.

"I thought that we were to never again even think of mentioning that horrifying incident?"

Apollo merely shrugged.

Hermes, on the other hand, looked like a kicked puppy, sad pout and all.