3rd December (2)

- Burn Obtained During Cooking
- Percy/Jason/Nico
- Romantic

////

"Why did we decide to let him cook again?" Percy asked his boyfriend, his head tilted to one side curiously.

"Because you're useless in the kitchen when sugar isn't involved, and I'm tired." Was his boyfriend's response.

"Oh, right, yeah."

After that brief exchange, the two continued watching their other boyfriend, their eyes zeroed in on his movements.

"I don't like the song he's humming." Percy whispered in Nico's ear, keeping his eyes on Jason as he did so.

Nico glanced at Percy from the corner of his eye and then focused on Jason once more.

"Me neither."

--

Somewhere between an hour, two, or three later, Jason finally called his two boyfriends into the kitchen with him.

"Right, can you two just," As he spoke, Jason continued working. He turned around, still talking, distracted, and grabbed the next tray.

"Ah!"

Jason let go of the metal tray, practically chucked it away from himself.

Instantly, Nico and Percy were on high alert, turning to face their boyfriend and rushing over to him.

"What happened? What did you do."

"Grabbed the... stupid tray! Burnt my hand." Jasom hurried out his words, speaking so quickly that his boyfriend's almost couldn't understand what he had said.

Jason walked over to the sink, placing his hand flat, palm up under the tap as he switched on the cold water. He let the water run for a little bit, allowing it to slide over his hand, embracing the relieving sensation.

With just a brief glance at each other, Nico and Percy seemed to come to some sort of agreement. Percy went over to Jason to help him with his burn whilst Nico set to work finishing what Jason had started. He, at least, had the common sense to put on the pair of red, overly Christmassy, oven gloves before even attempting to pick up the tray loaded with roasted vegetables of many kinds.

Once the food was all dished up - Percy and Nico had finished setting the table before Jason's unfortunate experience - the three sat down to eat the dinner Jason cooked for them, together.

Most of the pain in Jason's hand (covering practically the entire surface of his palm) was gone now; soothed away by the gentle touch of cool water.

"Thank you for this, Jason. It's lovely."

Jason smiled welcomingly, the very apples of his cheeks turning the faintest of delicate pinks.

"It was no problem. Only had to restart the vegetables twice and forget to put the meat in for over half an hour."

"Eh." Nico shrugged, placing a laid-back hand on his partners shoulder, his face sincerely comforting. "That doesn't matter. You did better than me, so that's saying something. Besides, you can just show yourself up next year, with an even better dinner than this."

Jason simply nodded, very enthused. He grinned up at Percy when the older man placed a fluffy red-and-white Santa hat onto his head.

"Yeah, I'd love that."

"Me too." Percy said, now tiptoeing exaggeratedly as he came up behind Nico with a red-and-green elf hat, about to put it on the other's head.

"No, Percy. That is not going on my head." Nico hadn't even had to turn around. "It looks awful and it has a bell on it. So no."

Percy pouted, letting out a grumpy groan and throwing the colourful hat to the floor. He stomped his foot as he did so, as if he was a toddler about to throw a tantrum.