Part 16

During the next eight days, Ali spent a lot of time down in the lair, but she spent every night at April's. She got to see what the guys were into during the day. She also got to watch them train in the evening shift, which of course, Leo couldn't participate in, but Splinter had said that Leo was his most dedicated pupil to the ninja arts under normal circumstances.

Don showed her around his lab and she was blown away by his vast knowledge. He showed her all that he was doing to prepare for the babies. She was quite illiterate in all of the things that Don knew, as were his brothers most of the time. But she was certain he would make a good doctor for Leo while the babies developed and when it was time for them to be born.

Mikey loved showing her his comic books and video games. She also got to meet his orange cat, Klunk.

"I really love animals. At home, I have chickens and some miniature horses. My mare, Daisy, had a baby over a month ago. Leo was absolutely loving being around them, at least seeing the tiny baby. Probably just because he's having babies." Ali said, scratching Klunk on the head.

"Awww! I'd love to see them!" Mikey said.

"And I'm sure you'd be great in handling them."

Ali kept her distance from Raph. He just seemed too mean for her liking. She got to see him beating on his punching bag when he didn't train.

She had some one on one time with Splinter as well. He gave her some tea and told her some stories about his sons when they were younger and some of their biggest adventures, and things from a father's point of view.

She spent most of her time with Leo of course. Now that he was home, he showed her his real world. She saw that he had a deep love for the Japanese culture, and not just martial arts. He showed her his favorite book, The Art of War. Ali looked through it and found that many statements in it made sense. She could see why Leo loved that book. She also saw him work out a few times, just in the small kata sense.

There were just so many things about the turtles that made them so unique and special that were more different from the human world above. They had far more closeness as a family than most human families ever did.

Ali thought her family was pretty close, but they all lived separately from each other. It was better to have space than be fighting all the time. As she watched Raph, he just struck her as the type that didn't want to be disturbed a whole lot.

"Yeah, Raph has that look about him and he takes a while to trust new people, as do I usually. But he'll always have your back in a fight." Leo said.
...................

The time finally came for Ali to go back home. She had fun while she was there. She gave the family her address and phone number. She was an hour behind them where she lived, so they had to watch what time they called her when they did.

She gave everyone a hug who allowed it. They were all over at April's saying goodbye. She hugged Leo last. "Take care of yourself and the twins. Tell me about them when they're born." She said.

"I will, that's a promise." Leo said.

Then she turned back to Mikey. "I'll send you a picture of the horses."

"Awesome!"

"And thanks to everyone for giving me such great hospitality." Ali said.

"It's us who should be thanking you for giving our brother hospitality and safely bringing him home to us." Don said. "If you didn't, who knows how long he would have been trying to get back home on his own, and all the traveling could have caused great stress to the remaining babies."

"Yes. Thanks for everything, Ali. Hope to see you again sometime." Leo said.

"Me too. Take care. I'll visit again someday." Ali said. "Goodbye."

"Bye. Drive carefully." Mikey said.

"I will." Then she walked out the door and got in her car and drove away.

Leo thought it felt weird that she was now gone, but the point was she had brought him home. But he only cared for her as a friend, nothing more. He had a family to take care of, and now, in the near future, two little babies were going to be added to it as well.