Part 15

The next day, Leo woke up on the couch in the lair. He had slept the whole night, and not even movements from the twins had disturbed him. But he was feeling them now. They were probably hungry. He got up off the couch and went to his room for a brief moment to see his old room and see what time it was.

It was still a little early for anyone to be awake. It was about the time he would usually get up to do his morning meditation and some workouts before the real training began. Leo also noticed that he still didn't have his gear on.

He saw that his room was the same way he had left it before his kidnapping, then went down to the dojo to get his gear. He had missed wearing his katanas for so long.

He found his katanas on the wall, where his family would have left them for him to find no doubt. But they had never found his other gear. He didn't even know where his belt or elbow and knee pads were. It didn't matter though. He donned more pads on his body and put the sword harness on over himself.

Leo breathed in a big breath of air as he wore his katanas again. But he didn't know if wearing a belt now was such a good idea. He would have to keep on loosening it as the twins grew and he would have to keep it loose anyway to not cause restriction to the twins. But he hoped wearing the sword harness wouldn't be any trouble.

Leo then felt a good kick in the gut and was reminded that his little ones were hungry. "Alright, alright. I'll get something for you."

He left the dojo and went to the kitchen to start a pot of tea, something he hadn't done in a long time. But he remembered how to do it. He got the water and pot settled then went through the remnants of food in the fridge from last night. Cold pizza most of all, but he didn't want any of that right now. He closed the fridge door after grabbing the milk. He knew they needed the calcium.

He popped a prenatal vitamin before making some cereal for breakfast. He might want more later, but right now, he just wanted to settle the twins down. His first morning routine back was not the same, but he would do all he could to make the twins happy.

When the pot went off, he made himself some green tea. It had been too long since the last time he was able to enjoy a cup. He hoped the babies would be ok with it.

After having his tea and cereal, he went back to the dojo to do some morning meditation.

He got an hour in before he heard the sounds of his family coming into the dojo. He saw his father come in first as usual.

"Good morning, Leonardo."

"Good morning, Father."

"How are you this morning?" Splinter asked.

"I'm fine. Had to settle the twins down before I could meditate." Leo replied.

"What do you mean, settle them down? Do you feel them?"

"Yes. I started feeling them move inside me last week. I'm nineteen weeks along and their movements are getting stronger. I had my usual morning tea and some cereal to try to make them happy."

"You know that you are not going to be training with your brothers, Leonardo."

"I know. I just want to be in here to watch them train and just wanted to meditate in here is all." Leo said.

Then Leo's brothers came into the dojo. They were all sleepy eyed, but were ready for training.

Raph was second in line, and spoke up when he saw Leo already in there. "Just like clockwork. You're still in here even when you've been gone for so long."

"I still did kind of keep my usual time of getting up early even when I was gone, Raph. At least after I woke up from the three month sedation." Leo said.