Part 21

On Leo's twenty-seventh week exam with the scanner, Don and Leatherhead looked to see if the alien wombs were attached to any of Leo's internal organs, though Leo wasn't having any discomfort from that.

The two scientist mutants saw that the wombs were more attached to the lining just below Leo's plastron. It was alarming and it was a good idea right from the beginning that Leo had never gone topside with his brothers once he got back from Nebraska. A blow of any kind would easily kill one or both babies and really hurt Leo.

Don and Leatherhead had to tread carefully when it came time to do the birth surgery in a few more months, but they also wanted to be prepared for it and where they were going to have to cut. Though Leo's sides had been cut into long ago, the twins were entering into the bigger stages where it would be a lot harder to get them out through his sides, so the plastron was going to need to be cut.

"So how does everything look?" Leo asked, snapping them out of their thoughts.

"Everything with the babies looks fine, Leo, but we were looking over the scanner to see if the wombs attach to anything. And it looks like they are attached just under your plastron, to the lining of it. If you got kicked there, it would harm the twins and you." Don said.

Leo put his hands on his belly.

"We were also looking at where they were attached because we want to know where we have to cut into you later on." Leatherhead added on. "We have to be fully ready of where we're going to cut when it comes time to deliver the babies safely."

Leo dreaded the thought of being cut open in order to have the babies, but he knew it was necessary. He would deal with it so that he could have healthy babies. He would heal in time.

"When the time comes, just do what you have to do to save us." Leo said.

Don admired him for that. He knew his brother would be miserable while he would be healing, but he would have healthy babies to distract him this time.
....................

When Halloween came that year, Mikey was the one who wanted most of all to go trick or treating. The others wanted to just stay home, but in the end, Mikey got his way.

They all set out for April's place, even Leo. But he would stay at April's when his brothers left to go with Mikey. He couldn't risk any fights after what he had learned from Don and Leatherhead last week.

When they got to April's, she had some pumpkins ready for them to decorate however they wanted to. Even Leo took part in it.

April and Casey went to a Halloween party while the guys stayed there for a while and just decorated their pumpkins.

Leo knew he would have to get used to having to go out on Halloween as he knew his own kids would want to go trick or treating when they got older. He really didn't want much to do with the holiday's candy, but he liked being able to walk about the city freely. But it was just too risky in his condition this year. If he had it his way, he wouldn't want his kids to have anything to do with it, but he knew that Daddy/Uncle Mikey would make sure they would.

Leo knew that he himself, Don, or Mikey were the fathers of the remaining twins. But even with the scanner, they still couldn't tell. He knew Mikey was anxious to know if he had one. Don wouldn't have minded having a little turtle that was like him, as he would want to teach him, or her, what he knew, because he knew he wouldn't be around forever, and the family needed a doctor and scientist.

Leo was also anxious to know if he had a child of his own. He would love to have a child of his own to teach the ninja arts to and many other things. But even if he didn't, he would still teach the twins the ninja arts anyway.
.................