Part 31

Two weeks after the delivery, Leo felt a little better, but his stomach was still sore. Fortunately, he could now be up and about as long as he took it easy.

He kept the twins in his room. He needed them around. It was better this way if Splinter wanted to do his meditations and Uncle Raph wouldn't scare the babies if he was trying to threaten Mikey.

Raph was perfectly fine with letting the others feed and care for the twins. He didn't think he had much of a fatherly side. He was perfectly fine with being an uncle on the sidelines.

Now that Hannah and Brian were a couple weeks older, Don wanted to examine their DNA.

Leatherhead had been taken home after the twins were born so Don would be the one to take care of anything that came up. April might help if needed but she needed her rest.

Leo was a little worried about Don taking blood from the babies, but Don wanted to know what was in their DNA, if they were part alien or not.

It broke Leo's heart to hear the babies cry as their skin was pricked to get some blood, but he knew it was necessary. The family wanted to be safe, but hoped that these baby turtles were normal mutant turtles and not some alien monsters.

"I have studied the contents of the wombs that I took from you the day they were born." Don said. "And yes, those were made from alien DNA. How they did what they did for so long was a mystery."

Leo took the twins out to comfort them when Don was through collecting blood. He left his brother to study it.

When Leo had taken the babies out of the infirmary, Don got the blood samples ready to examine. He also had the samples from his brothers ready to compare to see how Brian and Hannah compared to theirs.

When he looked under the microscope, Don saw that Hannah's DNA was completely in sinc with his own, plus a little bit of Leo's DNA as well. Then he examined Brian's, and he found the same thing, only that he was Mikey's son, mixed with Leo's DNA as well.

So Leo did have kids after all. He was a part of them both. He was like their mother, plus having carried them all that time.

Don went to find Leo to tell him the answers. He found him in the kitchen, getting bottles ready to feed the little ones.

"Leo, I have some news that should set your mind at ease." Don said.

"What did you find out?"

"Leo, I did find out that yes, Brian is Mikey's son and Hannah is my daughter, but there was something else. I also found traces of your DNA mixed with ours. So you are also a father too. Those cronies mixed up our DNA."

That answer was a little shocking, but it did begin to ease Leo's mind.

"You were more like the mother, though we know you're not a female." Don said.

"Well, when they learn to talk, they're going to be calling me Dad other than you and Mikey." Leo said.

"We'll figure out what we're going to let the kids call us later. But I know I'm more of Uncle Don to Brian, and he's Uncle Mikey to Hannah."

"That's agreeable."
..................

Casey went back to the city every so often to check on things and to get any important mail. When he went back this time and came back, he had a few letters from Leo's friend, Ali.

When Leo got the letters, he knew he had to write back instantly about what had happened to the lair, and that he had now given birth to the twins.

As he looked at the letters, ones following the first one were saying that she was worried about Leo and his family as Leo hadn't responded in a while.

He wrote back about what had happened over the last few months. And that they would find a new home in the springtime. It would have been too cold for the babies in the sewers anyway.
..................

A few days later, Ali got the letter in the mail and was finally thrilled to hear back from her friend. But when she read the letter, now she knew why. He and his family didn't have a home anymore. They had been elsewhere when her letters had come.

But she was more than happy to read that Leo had had the twins and that they were doing fine. He also told her whose babies they were, and that he was partly their father too.

She wrote back saying that she would visit them later that summer when they found a new home and she had her vacation time again.