Chapter 21

Wheels grinding to the ground can be heard in distance. As Zhan dragged his trolley with him, he can't help but look around and study his new surroundings and stopped when the paper he was holding pinpointed the house that was in front of him.

"So, this is it?" Zhan asked himself and took another look at the house that he was going to stay in until the workshop ends. Zhan was not disappointed but was amazed by the size. "This house can fit 10 people at most," he said as he stood in front of the gate.

While Zhan was looking at the house, half of his mind drifted to the conversation he had with Wen Qing yesterday.

***

"Zhan, director Xiu sent me the address of the house where you'll be staying until the workshop ends," Wen Qing informed Zhan who was sitting at his usual position at the office.

"Okay," Zhan casually replied as he researched tips and things about the historical era and how he can hone his acting skills.

"Oh, and you'll move there tomorrow," this statement made Zhan stop what he was doing. "What?" he asked and Wen Qing repeated the statement she said.

"I-I haven't even filed a leave at the gallery yet!" he said and was about to leave when Wen Qing smirked.

"Already done,"

'Seriously, how is this woman able to make one step further in life?' Zhan thought in his mind. He was seriously amazed at how Wen Qing handles things...professionally.

"B-But, I haven't said goodbye to my friends yet, and didn't even have the chance to tell Suzhen about all of this,"

Yes...until now, Xiao Zhan was unable to tell Bai Suzhen about the changes that happened in his life. It's not that he doesn't want to, he just wants to tell it all to his girlfriend personally.

"That's not my problem. You already signed the contract," said Wen Qing, not minding about Xiao Zhan's problem.

"B-But my bunnies," Zhan made an excuse. To be honest, Zhan was making up excuses because he felt that he is not qualified to partake in this. He felt like there was a glitch in his life that immediately changed his life in one flick.

Hearing this, Wen Qing sighed, "look, Zhan, I know you're nervous. Everyone feels that but I won't pressure you because I'm not that kind of a person but I do want to encourage you that you have to conquer this fear," comforted Wen Qing and this really helped Zhan calm down a bit. Maybe what he needs is some words from one of his friends.

"Now I'll let you leave early so that you can pack your things and don't worry about Lan and Wei, they're going to be in safe hands," said Wen Qing and Zhan was thankful for the heavens that his manager is understanding towards him and even gives him advice.

And with that, Xiao Zhan left with confidence back at him.

***

Zhan took a deep breath in before letting it out and walked towards the gate, he pushed it and to his surprise, it wasn't locked. Maybe someone's already inside?

He clutched the trolley's handle tight as he dragged it behind him and proceeded to walk towards the door. He was about to knock when someone opened it for him...it was Director Xiu Shang.