Chapter 2

"You know, if not these bones, I wouldn't know it was your throne room" Marianne crossed her arms on chest "Here is so many light and these plants hanging from the ceiling..."

"The new decorator" Bog shrugged his thin shoulders. "You know how it is"

"Say what you want, Boggy. This is definitely your mother's work" Marianne patted him on the back.

"You're always so sharp-tongued, tough girl?" Bog grinned. He didn't even correct her. He just was in too good mood.

"Only in Fridays" she chuckled. Her laugh was just cute.

"You know, Mari, I think we could go to a very special place," the king of the goblins gently took her small hand. "But let's do it quickly, before my mother..."

"Stew's ready, kids!" Griselda yelled from the kitchen. Bog paled.

"Fly!" he shouted with a strangled voice, and with a fairy escaped through a secret passage in the wall.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They sat on the branch of an old, twisted oak. They had a great view of the countryside. They saw a vast, swampy meadow full of poppies, cornflowers and margareds, several ponds surrounded by reeds and hazel grove in the distance.

"You see these stone columns?" Bog pointed to ruins the front of them "There once was a human house. And little further, on the river stands the mill "

"It's hard to imagine how big it is" Marianne sighed with delight. On the Fairy Fields were no such things. And into the bargain Bog talked about humans like about good neighbors. "Did you ever seen them?"

"Who?" Bog raised an eyebrow.

"Humans"

"Oh, them" goblin smiled "Few times. Usually I don't come too close. Once one thought I'm a mosquito. Can you imagine?! "

"A little bit yes" Marianne rested her head on his shoulder. He gently took her waist "Mosquito and colorful fly. We match to each other"

"Mosquito and the Butterfly," he corrected her, "You're a butterfly. And this is the most beautiful I've ever seen"

"Oh, you flatterer" Marianne took his face in her hands and kissed him. He returned the kiss but his fingers tightened on her shoulders a little too much. She wanted pushed herself a little away, but Bog didn't want to let her go. Suddenly, one of his claws cut the skin on her neck. Then he let her.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, horrified, "I didn't want...!"

"It's nothing," said Marianne breaking off a piece of leaf and hampering the flow of blood, "It's just a little scratch"

"I held you too tight" Bog muttered, "I'm sorry, but when I'm with you... I have a feeling that you'll just disappear. And I'll be alone again. That's why I... so tight... I'm sorry"

"If it will make you happy" Marianne smiled reassuringly, "Sometimes I've this same feeling"

"Oh yeah, tough girl?" King of bog jokingly asked. On his face was a weak smile. Suddenly he frowned and pricked his ears. "Watch out!"

He caught her in waist and jumped away with her. On a branch, in a place where just a while ago was Marianne, now were the traces of the talons.

"What the...?!" Marianne gasped. And then she saw it. It looked like a bat, but had silhouette of a female fairy. It, or rather she, had a gray fur on whole body, big, pointy ears with black earrings, sharp claws at the feet and fangs. On a first sight, she was only slightly higher than Marianne. Her eyes were completely white.

"Evelina..." Bog whispered with wide open eyes. He still held Marianne in his arms.

"Who?" fairy raised an eyebrow.

"HELLOOO, BOGGY!" Evelina sang. Her voice was screechy and unpleasant to the ear. Her ears were twitching constantly. "DID YOU MISS ME?!"

"Not a word" Bog whispered again to Marianne. "She's blind but has great hearing"

Then Evelina's blind eyes looked exactly at them. She smiled wide.

"Gotcha..."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hope that this chapter doesn't look like Twilight Saga.