Chapter 8

It couldn't be true. It must have been a nightmare. Plain fucking nightmare! Marianne looked at him and her with horror. Did he...? How he could...?

"Mari, love, it's not that" Bog quickly pushed Evelina away from himself. Marianne wasn't listening. She turned on her heel and fled. Bog ran after her. Griselda looked furious at Evelina who calmly put on her clothes.

"Are you happy with yourself?" snarled red-haired goblin "Stuff, Thang, show this lady exit! I have to try to watch this affair won't end worse than the previous one!"

"Marianne, listen to me!" Bog grabbed her arm, but she hit him full force in the face. Broke his jaw. Goblin quickly interceded it into right place.

"LEAVE ME, DO YOU HEAR ME?!" she roared with tears in her eyes, "Fairy, Goblin, you're all the same!"

"Mari, I swear, I don't even know how she ended up in my bed!" Bog tried to explain. Marianne looked as if she had to kill him.

"Ooooh, so it was so good to you, that you don't even remember how it happened?" fairy burst slightly hysterical laughter, "I don't know what I've expected! Wedding? Damn, wedding?! All in all, why not?! You will marry me, but you will be really happy with someone who is not hideous, air-headed freak!"

He hit her. Open hand, on the cheek. She fell to the ground. He didn't want this, but these allegations were so unfair... When he realized what he had done, it was too late. She fled.

"Why do you stand here like cretin?!" Griselda yelled to him, "Go to apologize her and explain!"

"She does not want to listen," he muttered. He hunched and his voice became darker. Oh no, again?

"I don't accept any excuses!" goblin woman hit him in the knee "Fly to her and explain this fucking mess! She loves you, you love her! Averted the bloody crisis! NOW!"

"You're right" Bog slapped himself across face "I'm back soon. Don't wait with dinner!"

She was angry and despair. She wasn't able to think rationally. Tears obscured her view. That damn image was still coming back to it over and over and over and over...! She heard his baritone. He cried her name. She didn't want to hear it. She didn't want to hear it anymore. Suddenly she heard a flapping of huge wings.

"Watch out!" he shouted and at the last moment he pushed her away from the beak. But he found himself trapped...

"Bog!" Marianne drew her sword and attacked a huge jay, which was holding her beloved in a beak.

"Marianne, run!" Bog winced as pressure on his chest increased. He had a free right hand and he was trying to scratch head of bird.

"Let him go, feathery freak!" Fairy tried to make the wound, but Jay held her at bay thanks to the wings. When this little insect in its beak began to tease it, spat him out. He was wounded. Lunch won't run away.

Bog couldn't stand up. Jay broke at least two of his ribs and damaged left arm. The dark blood flowed from under exoskeleton's plates. He also felt it in the mouth. Near Marianne was fighting with Jay. Damn, they will can to tell it their grandchildren. Suddenly there was a terrible screech. Moments after felt a Marianne's hand on his cheek.

"Everything's okay?" She asked trembling, "Shit, Bog, you're bleeding!"

"I've had worse," said the goblin king. "How did you ward this bird?"

She didn't answer. Marianne was scared. It was like in her dream. Blood on her hands, injured Bog... And she was so angry at him... It's easy. Finish him, hissed something in her mind, He hurt you, what are you waiting for?

"Mari, this with Evelina..." he coughed. Marianne tried stop bleeding from his chest.

"Shut up, you're injured" she snapped "We'll talk about that later"

"No, now" Bog grabbed her hand "I can't remember what the heck has happened, but I don't want her. I want you, my love. I love you and only you."

"I know," she said, kissing him on the forehead, "I know. I shouldn't become upset"

"I would be also pissed off" Bog shrugged and hissed in pain, "Damn"

"Yeah," Mari smiled, "We both are the walking bundles of nerves"

"To put it mildly, tough girl" he chuckled stroking fairy's hair. She struck him amiably on the shoulder.