Chapter 3

"FLY!" Bog pushed Marianne away from himself at the very moment when Evelina hit in him with all her weight.

"Are you kidding?!" Marianne grabbed bat by the neck to pull her away from Bog. Evelina squawked furious and bit Marianne's wrist. Wounded fairy screamed, but didn't let attacker go.

"It wasn't a request!" Bog roared striking Evelina in the jaw. Dazed creature fell down, "It was an order"

Evelina regained consciousness in the air and flew up. She could hear the characteristic buzz of Bog's wings and flutter of Marianne's wings. Fairy flew into the woods. The bat made a furious squeal and started to attack, but Bog rammed her. She tried follow Marianne, but Bog King held her tight.

"Boggy, let me go!" she snapped struggling.

"Leave Marianne, Evelina!" Bog pressed her into the trunk.

"So she must be away from you! You are mine! MINE!" her scream was much worse.

"You mistaken, sister!" he hit her collarbone to weaken the wing. In retaliation, she dug her claws into his thigh and hit him in the stomach. Despite the armor, it hurt.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marianne never in her life was flying so fast. Anxiously she looked back. Evelina was behind her. Bog wasn't visible. Princess began to flapping faster. She wished that she had left the sword in the castle of goblins.

Then she noticed a small group of familiar goblins. They also noticed her. Also saw Evelina and raised their spears in combat. Marianne then felt a blow to the neck and fell unconscious to the ground.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"What has happened?!"

"Evelina has happened"

"Is she all right?"

"She has been heavily hit. I have to give her a sedative"

"Mari, easy. Everything will be..."

She was in something soft and warm. She felt someone's rough, warm hand on her forehead. She opened her eyes and saw the Bog's anxious face.

"Hi there, old man" she whispered with weakly smile.

"Hi there, tough girl" he kissed gently her in forehead "You've scared us. Mother was freaking out"

"No" said Griselda carrying bottle of cure and bowl with some meal "He was. Eat it, honey, and take the medicine. This bat firmly harmed you."

"Tasty" said Marianne chewing meal "What is it?"

"Fried fish with watercress. I put on breeding." lady goblin replied with a wide smile. She didn't notice that Marianne pales and Bog King squeezes bridge of his nose. "What?"

"Mom, for God's sake, Marianne doesn't eat meat! Don't you remember what was the last time when you have invited her to dinner?" Bog shouted.

"Oh, I forgot!" Griselda hit herself on the forehead. "I'm sorry, sweetie. What would you prefer?"

"Just watercress, if you can," said weakly fairy.

"If you say so, sweetheart" Bog's mother shrugged and muttered to her son, "Keep an eye on her"

"Two eyes" Bog promised and brushed a few strands of his beloved face.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It wasn't shown in the film (or rather I think so), but I think the fairies are vegetarians.