Chapter 1: Awakening

Darkness.

Darkness was all he could see.

Hank had already gone through this before. He didn't think much of it.

For him, death was just a small obstacle in his path. He just needed to wait for a while in Purgatory or Hell, and he'd be resurrected, good as new.

He would come back. He always did

Suddenly, he saw a white light approaching his vision.

This was it, sooner than he expected too. After a short pause he should soon see the recognisable landscape of Nevada. A grey barren wasteland without any hope for the weak. Hank's favourite playground.

Not like he had any other.

Hank's eyes opened and saw the sunlight hitting his eyes. Ah, what a warm glow.

Wait... sunlight? The sun was alive?

Didn't he kill that thing once with a street sign?

Hank scratched his head, trying to recall his past experiences. Yes. He had indeed killed the sun with that creepy face that would never make you be able to look away from it. It was during his third shootout while he was still hunting for the Sheriff. That freaky thing had grown a body and tried to attack him. Fortunately, Hank ; being the badass killer that he is ; smacked it onto the pavement and killed it with ease, thus plunging Nevada into darkness.

Hank chuckled to himself before pushing that memory away from his head and focusing back on to the sun in the blue sky.

Wait... Blue?

Before Hank started doing the same trip down memory lane as he did with the sun, he tried to look down at his surroundings, before emitting a small gasp.

All around him were trees. Green leaves and brown rugged trunks surrounding him from every direction, making him feel small for once. He looked at the floor, and found himself looking at green grass, each blade slowly drifting in the winds direction like a cheering crowd.

Hank was speechless. What could he say? This definitely wasn't the Nevada he knew. He wondered how he got himself here. Had the Improbability Drive outdone itself again?

Lastly, he looked at himself. He was back in his normal form again. No more MAG Hank. He didn't know whether to feel relieved because he didn't have to be that heavy hunk of mass again, or angry because he wasn't as strong as he was in that form anymore.

Checking his current arsenal, he found out he only had his sword and an MP5. No problem, he could easily survive with these tools as long as he kept his wits about him, there were more important subjects to think about anyways.

Like... WHERE THE HELL WAS HE TRULY IN?

Another world? Dimension?

Was it all just his imagination? Probably not. It all felt too real. The ground, the light, the scenery.

Though he hated to admit it, he kind of liked these new surroundings. The fresh air, the peaceful forest, the cool wind gently breezing past his cheek. Hank felt... what was the word again? Oh, right.

Normal.

At peace.

But... why?

The mercenary snapped out of his dazed state. He was Hank J Wimbleton, goddam it! He shouldn't be feeling like this! Cmon, where's his real personality? The way the universe had wanted him to be. The way the universe made him. All because of a stupid boombox.

He started walking forward. Maybe this was just a part of Nevada he never found out about? Surely he'd find his way back...

He kept walking, and walking, and walking some more. Soon he had already taken a thousand steps and was still covered by trees and grass. Darn! Where was a tracker when you needed one?

This was getting frustrating. Behind his red goggles, his "eyes" were frowning. Was he truly lost?

However, he let go of his anger when he saw he was near the end of his path which descended onto smaller green hills bellow, finally, he was getting somewhere. He sped up his walking pace until the abundance of trees around him was slowly but surely getting smaller until he finally reached the end of the hill. Looking outwards, he gasped even louder than before.

Before his eyes in the distance, over a large waterbed, laid out a massive city in the distance with building styles he never even dreamed of. Tall ones, stacked ones, curved ones, red ones, blue ones, shiny ones, dull ones. The colours all danced together so exhilaratingly and beautifully that hank almost mistook it all for an art piece for a second.

(As shown in the picture above)

This definitely wasn't Nevada.

Such a big change from the bland and barren grey A.A.H.W bases. The Auditor would probably be considered crazy if he ever created a building that had half the glamour that even the weakest buildings in that city had. 

If he wanted to know where he was, then that city was probably the best place to find out.

Hank took a deep breath before preparing himself for the new journey he'd have to take.

Looks like this was just the beginning...