Chapter 4: Disguising

He hadn't seen any other grunts anywhere in the biomes the train went through.

Maybe If grunts we're coexisting with the animals, he could very easily blend in as one from this world and easily communicate with them.

However, if he hadn't seen a single one in such large environments, then it was safe to say that he was the only grunt in existence in this world. One that has probably never seen grunts before. As the train station kept getting closer and closer, Hank began to panic. It would only be a matter of time before someone saw him, no matter how sneaky he was.

Soon the train stopped. Here it was. The close up of the city he had seen in the distance when he was still in the woodlands far away. Soon, once he left the station, he would see it all in its glory.

But first he needed a disguise.

His hands dug into his pockets, hopping The Higher Powers had been kind on him. If they had granted him the sword and MP5, surely they had also granted him some way to disguise with the  animals here until he could decide his steps of action, right?

Maybe not.

All his hand fished out his pockets were a bunch of grey fur. But no way to put it on.

Before anybody would look at the roof of the train, Hank jumped down as silently as he could and hid behind a trash can.

Putting his hands on the inside of the trash can, Hank pulled out some glue and a tough string. It seemed like luck was on his side. If he was fast, he could turn this into a disguise. Hank began to glue the fur bits onto some paper pieces he found on the floor, moulding them into round triangles, and tying the onto the string. Then, he fished out of the trash can more paper and rolled it up into a small cylinder, its size getting thinner as the edges grew more distant, before gluing the grey fur onto it.

Then he tied the ears string onto his head below his head's hood with so that the string couldn't be seen and, using his sword, cut two small holes in his hood and let the cat ears stick out through them. Finally, he used some glue to attach the grey fur tails onto the bottom of his backside, making sure to also leave a small hole with his sword in the fabric so it looked like the tail was sticking out of the coat and not stuck to it.

Hank breathed out a sigh of relief, it was quite the accomplishment for him to manage to make a suit in such a rush. His adrenaline for fighting was just as useful for other tasks apparently. Stepping out of his hiding spot and walking up to the train, he saw his reflection on the window.

Wow! It looked better than he thought! His disguise ears and tail looked like a cat's, the only type of animal he was familiar with in Nevada, and also his favourite! He felt quite proud of himself.

Until he realised many other animals were in the reflection also looking at him. Each and every single one of them with a look of confusion and bewilderment. They had all probably never seen a cat with a grunt's body shape.

He started sweating a few drops. For the first time in a while, Hank felt actually nervous. But the disguise was working at least, right? If they hadn't mistaken him for a cat, they would already have done much more than just simply stare.

Recomposing himself into his usual intimidating composure, he turned around. He saw that his height barely reached the head of a fox's. both of his closed fists at his hips. He got ready to speak his first sentence in this world.

"What you all looking at?" He asked intimidatingly.

He saw all the other animal's expressions grow in confusion, some even in surprise.

Crap.

He somehow had forgotten about his metal jaw hidden behind the clothing on his face. Ever since he had it, his voice always sounded more unusual, more metal echoey. It probably wouldn't make a good impression to the civilians of this seemingly peaceful city.

Before anything else happened, he quickly walked on the path ahead and onto the escalators. He glanced into many directions and still saw many animals staring at him from many of those directions he turned to. It was still fine for now. He just needed to watch their behaviour and attempt to blend in. It shouldn't be too hard.

He turned his head to his left and right sides again, and saw many weird structures that had never been witnessed before in Nevada. Small water tunnels with hippos swimming out of them before being dried by fans on the floor of the tunnel exit. A fruit shake small shack with a large tube facing up where the drinks would be sent up in as  sort of pick-up methods for those yellow animals with long necks. Even small colourful tubes with small rodent-like animals sliding down in them and onto the circular exit at the station's floor. Could this trip get any weirder?

 He swiftly made his way past the crowds of animals all walking to the exit of the station and those in groups talking to each other. However, it seemed like every group of animals talking close to him all seemed to be confused and say the word "cat" in an odd way. Probably not a good sign.

However, all that was forgotten as soon as he stepped out of the station and laid his eyes upon the tall view of the rest of the city. The greenery, the designs, the parks, the cars. Literally everything he saw was unique in its own way. Hank couldn't move, he felt too shocked, glued to the floor. He couldn't take his eyes off all the surroundings even if he tried, so he just let himself stay in place and sink it all in. For a while, he even forgot who he was and why he was ever thinking of trying to get back to Nevada when he has this amazing land to be in.

But then he remembered. He wasn't one of them, he wasn't an animal. He didn't belong here. Sooner or later, people might find out the truth about him. Maybe he wouldn't be able to control himself and his tendencies. And let's not even get started on what would happen if he ever saw another blender but with its probable custom design they most likely had in this place. The poor animals around him would never forget that scenario.

But either way, he was finally here. The city he thought would be the best bet on finding out where he was. He started walking forward again, many tall building signs still catching his eye, especially one with two large screens. The screens suddenly turned to a blue background and showing an animal with light cream coloured fur and two horns wearing a red bra and panties.

The animal on the screen then said "I'm Gazelle. Welcome to Zootopia."

Zootopia?

That was the name of this city?

Makes sense due to the fact animals live here.

Hank then shifted his focus back to walking. Now that he was here, what was the first thing he was going to do?