Chapter 13

Rian

After me and Chase had our morning run we were both mind linked by Dean, Chase had suddenly run off leaving me near the lake. I walked back to the pack house alone waiting for Castile by the fighting post like Dean had instructed me.

Course I had gotten impatient and went to Castile's house to see if he was there. I walked up to the door about to knock when I heard voices talking. I knew it was wrong for me to be listening in but I couldn't help it, so I leaned against the wall not needing to put my ear to the door since we all had extremely high senses.

"We must do the ritual tonight, the sooner the better we know if they'll be a threat or not,"

I heard a deep voice reply.

"Dean you know once they do connect with the goddess again they'll learn the truth"

I could smell the strong scent of essence, only one person smelled like that...

"Exactly why we need to stop that from happening."

"How do you think you'll do that ? And even if you could you'd be once again defying the goddess,"

There was silence for a moment. What the hell did he mean about finding out the truth? What were they hiding.

I ran off to go to the pack house where Chase was to tell him what I had heard.

As I reached to door I could smell a familiar sent, lavender and vinilla, I smelled the woodsy smell of Chase as well.

My wolf Lance was growling knowing who was with Chase. I slammed the door open and looked at Caitlin and Chase, my eyes gazed down at their hands and became furious. Chase was touching my...my 'mate' Lance answerd for me.

I walked up to him grabbing his shirt collar roughly and pining him against the wall making a small indent. He looked at me with confusion, I could feel Lance taking over almost completely wanting to rip Chases head off. My hand went around his neck tightly as he tried to pull my hand off with his.

'Dude what the hell are you doing?!' He mind linked unable to speak

The one to answer him wasn't me but my wolf.

'You touched our mate!' He spat harshly

'Your mate? I believe you mean OUR mate' Chases wolf Zane growled lowly. Lance snapped at him not liking what Zane had said.

Suddenly I was pulled back forcefully hitting the table.

I almost attacked the person until I saw it was Dean.
He glared at me and looked at Caitlin.

He apologized to her for the scene we had caused. His voice was somewhat calm but we k ew he was furious with us.

She nodded and walked outside.

When Deans attention came back to us his anger showed
"What is going on with you two? Rian I told you to wait for Castile!"

He shouted using his alpha voice. Lance had backed off and let me in control again. I could see Chases eyes turn from completely black back to there original hazle color.

Chase looked at me confused and frightened,i felt the rage still linger all over me. i wasnt completly sure why i was angry, but i did know that i now had a probelm with Chase. He touched my mate, and mine alone.

Dean lectured us for a good ten mintues before he had calmed down some, though the tension lingered in the air.

"I need to you two to behave while I take Reason and Caitlin to Mother Anne, understand ?"

We nodded.
"Thank you, I won't be gone for long"

As we followed him outside and stood on the porch watching them walk off, Chase hit my arm jokingly giving me his idiot smile.

"So..." he started off saying while leaning on the railing

"So what?" I snapped.

He flinched giving me a serious look. it looked like he had a hard time trying to find the words to speak.

"We obviously have a problem, Caitlin-"

he stopped mid sentence looking out to the woods, I waited for him to continue wanting to punch him in the face.

"Mother Anne needs to speak with us now" he said and ran off to her house.

'It must be important then, she's never called anyone to meet her' Lance finally said to me as we rushed to her house. he seemed to have calmed down quicker than I expected. He reminded me we needed to apologize to Chase and Zane later when things were cleared up.

I really didn't want to apologize to Chase, expecially after what happened.
which made me wonder on another thing, was Caitlin our mate? if so how the hell could she be both ours AND Chase's mate?

Maybe Mother Anne would have answers...