Chapter 5

AN: hello my dears, i hope you guys like the story so far and i know i haven't posted in a while but i am now so enjoy!!

Reason

Seeing the scars and bruises that covered him made my heart crumble. I couldn't even say anything, this kid had it rough, and it wasn't alright.

Jay put his jacket into the washer, and held his arms close to his body trying to cover as much as possible. He never once looked me in the face. I put some soap before closing the lid and starting it. I headed for my room and Jay followed, being as quiet as ever. I picked up a pull-over hoodie from the chair next to the door and gave it to Jay. He pulled it over his head and down onto his small framed body. It hung on his almost like a dress, but it was cute the way he looked in that over-sized hoodie.

"So what do you wa-" I was interrupted by the low growl that came from Jay's stomach. "Haha, you must be hungry." I chuckled slightly. His face flushed pink and he held his arms over his stomach. "What are you in the mood for?" I asked. He shrugged. "Okay, I'll pick, you tag along." He nodded. I grabbed his hand and pulled him along with me.

We walked a good ten minutes in silence, until we arrived at Friday's, a good local family/bar and grill restaurant. The look on Jay's face as we walked inside was adorable. He lit up, his eyes gleamed and I could see a smile forming to his cheeks. You could tell he doesn't go out much. A waiter had come up to us with a smile.

"Table for two?" He asked politely.

"Yes" I replied. The waiter nodded and we followed him to our table. We sat down across from each other.

"Anything you two would like to drink?" I looked over at Jay.

"J-just water please." I looked back at the waiter.

"Just water." He smiled.

"Sounds good, you two take a minute and look over the menu and I will be back here shortly with those waters." Jay was looking down again. Maybe he was just really shy, I reached over and patted his soft head gently, at first he flinched but then he looked up at me with his hand on his head. His sky blue eyes pierced through my own, how I wanted to stare into his eyes for eternity.

I smiled kindly at him, something about him was different. There was this strange feeling I had gotten when we first met. A thought had popped up in my mind. 'Could it be...?'

"Reason? A-are you alright?" My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of jays voice. My eyes were still locked with his, I saw the concern in them.

"I'm fine, I was day dreaming" He eyes soften and he smiled. God that smile was amazing, despite being beat everyday, he took very good care of his teeth.

"You had me worried for a moment"

"don't worry" I smiled back at him. Just then the waiter came back with our drinks.

"Here yeah go, and I'll be back in a minute to take your orders." He looked over at Jay winking at him before walking away. Did he just wink at my date? I tried to keep calm in front of jay, who knows what would happen if I had just snapped. My eyes looked over at the bar, i saw our waiter laughing with another guy and whispering. Thankfully they weren't to far away so I quietly eased dropped on them. There words disgusted me.

"The small ones cute."

"I wonder who the other guy is?"

"god id screw the little one good" I stood up quickly seriously pissed. Jay looked at me.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"I'll be right back okay." I smiled sweetly at him. He tried to say something but I ignored it for the moment. I walked over to the bar, acting to clear my throat to get the two guy's attention. "Excuse me." The waiter and his buddy looked at me.

"May we help you with something, sir?" The waiter had short pink hair, a plain white uniform shirt, and some cheetah leggings. Clearly his fashion taste was horrible, his voice was worse.

"Yeah, you know you shouldn't hit on the customers." I looked at his name tag, Josh. The bastard smirked.

"You don't expect to keep him all to yourself do you now?" he chuckled.

"I wouldn't push your luck, I could easily snap your neck like a twig." I growled.

"Oh honey, you're cute." he was really starting to piss me off.

"I'm warning you, so much as come two feet near him, I'll tear your head off."

"I'd like to see you try." he said smiling

"You asked for it."

I was behind him in less than a second with him already in a choke hold.

"You're fast." he coughed.

"Faster than you." his friend stood there in shock. Others had seen what was happening but no one acted. Thankfully Jay wasn't looking over here. I let go of my hold. "That was a warning." He fell to the ground coughing and gasping for air. This idiot could have gone without a mark but he decided to open his mouth one more time as I tried walking away.

"You fucking pussy, can't even finish the job?" He snickered. He wanted me to finish huh? pulled him up by his hair, he yelped and cried. Harshly I whispered in his ear.

"I could do a lot worse to you, don't mess with me again." H tried nodding his head with fear in his eyes.

"Please, I'm sorry I didn't realize. Please let me go." He begged me. I thought about letting him go for a second, but I had to make sure he would do it again. Slamming his head into the counter top, people started getting up from their seats but i was already back over by Jay by the time they looked. Jay looked up at me.

"What took you so long? i was worried" I smiled chuckling.

"I was just finishing some business."

We ordered our food from a different waiter and talked while waiting for the food to arrive. he started coming out of his shell a little more and told me about the stuff he likes. It was adorable listening to his talk. He talked about nerdy stuff and cute stuff such as the different types of flowers he liked and which season was his favorite. He was too cute.

After we finished eating we decided to go back to the apartment. Walking hand-in-hand I felt a peace I've never felt before.

(Picture of Caitlin's eyes)