At Shancai's house

Shancai, do you remember Shushu Feng Jun ? "

Shancai's mother asked her daughter after they had dinner.

" Well not really. But I think I remembered we visited his house when I was kid. I haven't seen him for a long time. How is he? Is he okay? " wondered Shancai, why the sudden question.

Shushu Feng Jun is her mother distant cousin, married to rich woman and they are living in another town.

" oh yes, he is fine and so Ayi Susi. The reason I am talking about him is because their daughter Feng Wei is going to be married this weekend. We've been invited to the wedding, so... can you go with us? " asked her mother.

" I am not sure, Ma. I don't really know them very well. Beside I might already have a plan for weekend. I must check first . " 

Shancai not a fan of big family gathering, especially weeding, because all the other member of family will asking the one and only question, which is ' whether has she secured a future husband'

She always dreaded to have to answer that type question, because if she answered 'no' , then they all family will going all out to find a suitor for her. That is their cultures, arranged marriages are very normal.

And if she bravely answered ' yes ', then they will not stop the interrogation.

What's his name, who's his parents, what's his backgrounds, where does he lives, what's his job, and if not working yet and then what's his parents do, to the extent have I met his parents? All, very annoying.

So she will find any excuse not to go.

" they are our family, Shancai. My cousin, I don't know his wife very well either, but I still think we all should go. It's good meeting our big family. " told her Ma.

" Yes, I agreed. Your ma is right. You should go. We should go together as family "

When her Ba decided, that is it, the final words. 

" beside, what is your plan ? You're not usually busy on Sunday, except when you hang out with Xiayou. Do you have plan with Xiayou?"

" No, I don't have plan with her this week" Shancai answered. ( She wished she has now)

" unless, you thinking about your cooking lesson from Daoming Si? Just tell him you have other engagement. I am sure, He won't mind. He probably has tons other things to ndo anyway! "

" No, I am not thinking about the cooking lesson or him at all! okay , okay I'll go. I am going to bed now. I am so tired. " 

" night night , Ma, Ba " she excuse herself.

" night, Shancai "

************

Shancai back to her room, it was already quite late in the evening.

She saw the text from Daoming Si.

—-are you sleep yet? —

' what a stupid message' she murmured, sighed and went to sleep.