Back at Home

Ari arrived at home and her mother was no where to be seen. Her brother was waiting in the sitting room though.

"Have fun with those Gryffindor brats?" He asked coldly as soon as she stepped out of the fire place.

"First, yes I did. Second, they are not brats. They're kind and good people. You could use some time around them!" She said hotly. Absolutely fed up with her brothers antics, she continued,

"You know what? On second thought I don't want you around them! You're horrible! You've been nothing but horrible to me ever since I didn't get into your judgmental and rude smart little house. You have treated me and my friends like dung! I used to love and worship the ground you walked on because I thought you were cool! How wrong I bloody was. You're awful and mean. You don't deserve anyone to care about you, if this is how you're going to treat me, your little sister!" She bellowed at him, shaking the things hanging on the wall.

Right at that time her mother rounded the corner. Hearing all this, her jaw dropped and she instantly began lecturing her eldest child.

"Is this true? Is this why Ari didn't come home! You are unbelievable! You can stay your little ass right in your room for the rest of summer I reckon! Unbelievable! Truly. You disgust me! Go! Now! Room!" Bennett's hurried up the stairs, not saying a word.

"You wait til I tell your father!" Her mother hollered up at him.

"Oh sweetheart. I'm so sorry. I knew he was being cold but thought he needed time to adjust. I can't believe him," her mother told her, comforting her. Ari sniffled into her moms hug.

"Why don't you see if you can spend the night with your friends?" Her mother suggested.

By the time the sentence left her mothers mouth, she was in the living room of the Burrow.

Fred was there now, he was shocked to see his best friend. Before he could ask anything, she hugged him crying.

"Can I stay the night?"

"Of course! Mums in the kitchen cleaning. Come stay in mine and George's room. She'll understand." As Ari continued to sniffle all the way up the stairs. Fred held her hand as he led her up, a mild blush on his cheeks from holding her hand but also from anger at whatever had caused the normally happy girl to be upset.

George saw the two walk in the room and before he could say anything, Fred curtly shook his head at him, silently saying not now.

Ari quickly explained what had happened when she got home. George quickly joined them sitting on Fred's bed, hugging her from the side. She barely got it out between the tears that were still falling.

"He hates me. My own brother!" She cried into George's shoulder.

Not knowing what to say, he quickly stood and pushed his bed against Fred's. She looked at him confused.

He added a bunch more pillows and blankets from a closet.

"I'll go grab some hot chocolate. We can get in bed, and see if we can hook the VT thingy dad was talking about, it has moving pictures with sound?" George suggested.

Ari burst into another round of tears, hugging both twins tightly.

"I love you both!!"

She didn't notice Fred's cheeks tinge the slightest pink, but George did.

They had finally gotten one of the moving pictures with sound playing. They were all cuddled up on their now huge bed, drinking hot chocolate.

Molly didn't ask any questions when George got three mugs, seeming to know her children would come to her when they needed her.

Ari honestly didn't know what was going on. It looked like a bunch of moving drawings. A girl was a mere people, and her dad was the leader? But she met a pretty boy and saved him, then gave her voice box away? She really didn't understand. From the looks of it, neither did the twins.

"Women are crazy." George finally stated about half way through the film.

"I have no idea what's going on," Ari followed with.

Fred laughed.

"At least we've cheered you up some?" He asked. She smiled and nodded.

Another shorter chapter. Things will start to pick up. She'll go home soon, then she'll come back and finish summer at the Burrow. Then off to second year. I have a general idea and plan, but not all the details. Please comment any criticism or anything you'd like to see.