Chapter 2

Lizzie's POV

*HONK HONK HONK*

That darn swan!

"Off with it's head!!!" I grumble-shouted.

"Oh, Lizzie, stop being such a grumpy troll! Pirouette is a beautiful singer!"

Sure, beautiful. More like an obnoxious pest! I am not a morning person. But now I was awake. I reached for my mirror phone to check the time. 7:00. I also had a slew of texts. Maddie loved texting Bunny, Alistair and Cari now that they were back from Wonderland. I scrolled through them, bored by the ongoing conversation, until one name caught my eye. Daring Charming! I mentally squealed and hexcitedly read the text.

----Bookend Theater at 7:00 2night? Rom-Com sound good to u? ~D

I quickly replied, fairy happy to be celebrating our 5th date at the movies. The classic date, the perfect date, the original date.

----Sure, ❤️ u for remembering r 5th date!!! ~L

I hopped out of bed with new energy. I searched through my closet and found a gorgeous black and gold dress. For a pop of red, I found a crimson collar with hearts. The perfect outfit. Of course, I would definitely change for my date tonight, but I needed to look wonderific now as well.

"Wow...you're done fast," Duchess honked.

"I've got roses to paint!" Duchess stared at me with a confused look. I facepalmed. I forgot that pretty much no one here understands Riddilish, the native language in Wonderland.

"It means I have things to do in Riddilish," I said with a sigh. Duchess just shrugged her shoulders and turned around to continue feeding her noisy beast of a pet. I walked into the bathroom to put on some red eyeshadow. After I had done that, I painted a red heart around my right eye like I had done since I was 10. My mother always told me, "Be outwardly proud of your Wonderlandian heritage! Those who do not appreciate it must LOSE THEIR HEAD!" I never payed attention to the latter part, but I always remembered the first one. So, I painted a heart around my eye every morning. People need to know my destiny!

By the time I left the bathroom, Duchess was dressed and heading towards it. Now, even though I hate her pet, at least when it wakes me up, I do not hate Duchess. She is one of my best friends forever after asides from my fellow Wonderlandians. However, in the morning, I'm a little grouchy, even when Daring gives me a pick-me-up.

I don't really see how some people think Daring is very concieted. Like Cedar, Raven, and even Cerise. I thought Cerise liked him, but I guess not. On all of our dates so far he hasn't looked at himself in a mirror the entire time. He makes me feel special every date we go on. He treats me like I'm not a cruel to-be Queen of Hearts unlike many other boys at Ever After High. Even though I usually detest Sparrow, I will be forever be grateful for the dare he told Daring to do. Without it, I don't know if we ever would have gotten together. Honestly I was a bit upset that Daring only noticed me because of a dare, but I got over it when he took me out on a date to paint a garden of white roses red. I almost thought he enjoyed the madness of doing something known in Wonderland. I can't imagine life without Daring. He is the best boyfriend anyone could ever hope to have. It's just too bad that Apple was destined to be with him.

Daring has also helped me through one of the toughest times of my life. When I arrived at Ever After, I suffered from serious homesickness and depression. No one understood me or my friends' ways. But then Daring helped me out of it. Since that first date, I have felt happy again. Of course I still miss Wonderland, but I can bear Ever After High and their non-wonderific ways for now.

I hope he would choose me if things got off hand. He's even told me that he is not very sure if he even wants to marry her. Daring and Apple have known each other since they were born. I bet he's getting bored of her. I really want my relationship with Daring to stay a secret, if anyone finds out, especially Apple, we could create a huge mess. I just pray to myself everyday that nobody suspects anything, and with Duchess being my roommate, it might be hard. I understand that she doesn't like her ending, but I just can't ruin my reputation.