Chapter Five- The Date Part Two

Well, the arrow didn't exactly make its target. To keep up with my fake character, I stamped my foot and emitted a little 'darn it!'. I walked to the back of the line, and watched as Dexter failed at shooting an arrow. Sparrow was being mean to someone, but I barely noticed. I was too worried about my date tonight. I fished around in my pocket for my mirrorphone. Lizzie and I were hexting, even though it was against school policy. I had told her about the rom com we were going to see, and it had been a while since she had replied.

My throat choked up. Did she not like it?! I took a deep breath. 'Of course she does!' I consoled myself as I scrolled through our hexts. Many expressed pleasure and excitement.

Archery was taking soooo long to end! And then there is still the rest of the day that I have to go through. I just want school to end so I can go out with Lizzie. I just hope she's as enthusiastic about our fifth date as I am. I honestly really want to see the new rom com. The main guy in the movie just seems a lot like Dexter. And Dexter isn't exactly the best with the ladies, especially in Damsels-in-Distressing class. He's just not that great with saving teenage girls from tall towers. I mean Dex is smart and all, he doesn't do all that great in athletic classes or like prince classes.

Foxy Lost stepped up to shoot. I waited patiently. It wouldn't be long before this contest was over. I've got to hand it to her, Foxy is a fairy good archer. I was just glad that she was finally up.

True to my expectations, Foxy's arrow hit the center of the target. The Lost Kids started cheering and I turned around towards the school.

"Head on in!" Mr. Gingerbreadman shouted.

I sprinted to the school building. 3 more periods and I could get to lunch.

-------------

I walked to lunch with Benjamin Beast.

"So...Hero Training...that was interesting..." I nodded. In Hero Training, we were supposed to save dummies dressed up like princesses. While it usually worked out, Dexter accidentally cut the head off of one. Then, when what we later identified as raspberry jelly started leaking out, Hopper freaked out and turned into a frog. He ran off and we had to spend the last twenty minutes searching for him. Raspberry jam. Typical Merry Men prank. Sparrow is such a bother sometimes.

Benjamin and Rosabella were currently dating, which made sense considering their story. Benjamin really wasn't handsome, on Charming standards. As narcissist as it seems, there actually is a guide book for that. But, true to their story, Rosabella had seen the good in him. Benjamin is really nice, a good sport and brave. All good things, all good things.

So, it wasn't a surprise when he left me to go sit at the princesses table. Guess I should too. It would be a good excuse to sit by Lizzie, and people would think I am sitting by Apple. And lucky for me, Lizzie was sitting at the table, next to Duchess.

I plopped down to hear them say, "Was it Apple again? That prissy perfect gal is just SOOOO annoying sometimes!" Duchess blushed maddly. Inwardly, I smiled. Lizzie and I were so good at keeping our secret that Duchess, Lizzie's BFFA was embarrassed to be trash talking Apple in front of me.

Duchess adjusted her headpiece nervously. "Oh...Daring..uh I didn't mean it like that...Apple is a nice girl...but..uh.." I looked at Lizzie. Her blueish-teal eyes met mine.

Suddenly, I felt someone sit down next to me. I turned around and saw it was Apple.

"What's going on?" She smiled sweetly and I inwardly apologized to Lizzie for what I was about to do. I wrapped an arm around her and flashed a smile.