Chapter 6: Natsume, and Ruka-kun

Mikan POV

I woke up due to the sweet scent of daffodil flowers. Opening my eyes, I can make out the people standing beside me: Hotaru, Hyuuga-kun, and blond boy who's carrying a bunny... Ugh, I still didn't get his name.

"Mikan! Are you okay?" Hotaru leaned over, examining me. "I'll go get my brother here." She said, pointing at the boys, "you guys better stay with her." With that, she left.

Now I'm left alone with these two. Looking around the room, which was covered with white wallpaper. I instantly remembered what happened to me. It seems like I'm in the infirmary after I... passed out. Geez.. What a great way to start my first day.

"Sakura-san, how are you feeling?" The bunny boy asked, "Do you want water?"

I lightly shook my head, "By the way, I don't know your name yet, even though both you and Hyuuga-kun were here together with Hotaru to take care of me."

It may be just my imagination, but, for a moment I thought Hyuuga-kun and bunny boy both held a sad expression. I wonder why.

"It's Ruka. Nogi Ruka."

"Oh." I smiled, happy that I was able to make a new friend, "Nice to meet you, Nogi-kun."

To my surprise, he actually blushed. It was so adorable that I couldn't help but to laugh.

"Ugh. Why isn't that girl back yet?" For the first time since he's being in this room, Hyuuga-kun actually talked. "How long does she needs to take?"

Just in time, when I was about to say something, Hotaru came walking in with another guy. Who kind of resembles Hotaru in someway.

"I see you have woken up." He said, smiling at me. "My name is Imai Subaru, Hotaru's big brother."

Oh, so that's why. "Hotaru, you have a brother? I never knew that." I pouted, making a fuzz. "You could have told me about it."

A vein popped up on Hotaru's forehead, "A patient like you shouldn't be so noisy." She said while pushing my forehead down onto the bed, "Besides, you should have already knew." She whispered.

"Huh?" I asked. "What did you say?"

"Never mind. Subaru, check her." She said, point in at me.

"Okay." While Subaru's getting ready, Hyuuga-kun and Nogi-kun are just standing there, feeling out of place. "Hey, why are you guys still here? Guys shouldn't be in this kind of place." Hotaru glared at them, "Or is it that you two have something else in mind?"

"What're you talking about, steal-faced woman. Why do you even care?"Natsume smirked, clearly, he was annoyed.

"Na-Natsume.You should calm down a little." Ruka said, trying to stop his best friend before he explode this whole place into a sea of fire.

"All of y'all just get out. We can't disturb the patient anymore." Subaru said.

"I'm okay." I replied, smiling at them.

"No choice, we're going out." Hotaru said, grabbing Ruka by the collar, dragging him out.

"Huh?! Why only me?!" He yelled, struggling to get free. But of course, it's no use. Hotaru was using her invention "God Claw" (invention 0059), which can hold on to anything without letting the prey go.
She casted a final glance at Natsume before closing the door behind her.

After Hotaru and Ruka's gone, it's just me and Natsume in the room. The silence is intimidating, I looked down on my bed, feeling awkward all of the sudden.

"Just Natsume is fine."

"Huh?" I asked, surprised that he suddenly spook up.

"Like I said, you can just call me Natsume, you don't have to call Ruka Nogi-kun either." He said, looking at me seriously with those crimson red eyes.

I didn't know what to say, it feels like I was absorbed into his eyes with no way out.

"Um... Okay. I guess." I stuttered, looking down. I didn't want him to see my red face. For sure, he's going to make fun of me.

"Then bye." With that, he walked out.

What a weird person.