Chapter 4: Her Memories!

Natsume POV

Wait, what was that?

Everything seems to slow down as I thought about what Mikan had just said, "Nice to meet you, Hyuuga-kun."

Hyuuga?! After three years of us not seeing each other, since when did she starts to address me so formally? Did she forget about me?! Now that you think about it... She was forced to leave this academy because of her Alice loss. Did someone erase all her memories?

I stood up without thinking, placing my hand on her shoulder, " Mikan? Is that really you? " She seems to be taken by surprise, " H-huh? "

Then I heard it...

BAKA!!

The sound of Imai (Hotaru) firing her Baka Gun at me, and the sound of me falling to the floor.

"H-Hotaru!! What are you doing?! Don't go firing your Baka Gun towards other people! Hyuuga-kun could be really hurt! "

There it is, she addressed me as "Hyuuga-kun" again. For some reason, my chest hurts even though the Baka Gun landed on my head...

Then Mikan kneeled in front of me, "Hyuuga-kun, are you alright? sorry for what Hotaru did earlier. She's really not a bad person."

"Don't go too close to Mikan, you idiot." Imai glared at me, not saying sorry to me at all, "If you do that again, I'll kill you."

Wow.. What a good person you are... I have no idea how Mikan managed to become a friend with you. Mikan then extends her right hand towards me, "Here, grab my hand. I'll pull you up."

As I took Mikan's hand, Imai eyed me warningly, pointed at me with the Baka Gun once again. "Jeez Hotaru, just drop that already. Why are you so fired up today?"

The two of them starts to bickering at each other. I looked at Ruka, he nodded at me. We were both thinking about the same thing. Whatever happened to Mikan, Imai definitely knows the answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After class has ended, me and Ruka stopped Imai in the hallway. "Imai, May we talk to you for a moment?" She looked at us for a while, then sighed, "It's about Mikan, isn't it?"

"Yeah, can you explain the whole 'Hyuuga' thing? It's being bothering me for a while. "I asked cooly, not showing a bit of emotion.

"That's right! I'm worried about Sakura-san, she doesn't seem to be herself." Ruka said, with a worried expression on his face.

"Well, I can't hide from you guys anyways, so I might as well as tell you two the truth. Mikan's memories was erased."

My heart stopped. It's not happening, right?

"You remember the time when Mikan's Alice was used up right? That's the day when she was forced to leave this academy. In order to keep her mouth shut, the school has decided to erase her memories. That way, they don't have to fear about the secret of this academy being leaked out."

I didn't say anything. I couldn't say anything. It was my fault in the first place that Mikan has used up all her Alices.

Ruka seemed to have read my mind because he said, "It's okay Natsume, it's all in the past..."

Imai stared at me, "Well, that's what the gay teacher has told me. He said there might be a way to bring Mikan's memories back. Even though it's not classified yet."

"Really?!" Ruka asked, "Is there really a way?!"

Imai sighed again, "But, it's up to us her friends to help her. Now move out the way, I have something I need to attend to." Without saying another word, she walked away.

"Natsume?" Ruka asked.

"Huh?"

"It's all up to us, and Mikan' s friends to help her right?"

"That's right." For some reason, that was the worst day of my life.