Chapter 8: Let's get ready for our Alice Festival!

I'm so sorry for the late update!! When I finally finished this chapter, I accidently deleted it. So it seems like I have to rewrite it, which took me a long time...

Mikan POV

"EHHH!!!??" I screams, throwing my paper in the air, "We won't be together for the Alice Festival?! Why?!"

The time has finally come, the Alice Festival event is only a week away. Ever since I enrolled to this school (once again), the festival was the only thing on my mind. I dreamed of playing, laughing, fooling with my friends. And now you tell me we'll be separated?!

What kind of joke are you making?!

"Don't worry about it Mikan-chan." Iinchou came to me and said. "You'll be with your Special Abilities class, along with Tsubasa and Misaki-senpai. You can always come and visit us in our place." He kindly smiles.

"That right Mikan-chan," Anna said, hugging me from behind, "Even me and Nonoko won't be together, so you're not the only one." She gives me one of those playful wink while waving to her blue haired best friend Nonoko.

Wow... That makes me feel so much better. I sighed, looking at Hotaru. "Ne Hotaru," I asks, kneeling by her desk so I could face her, "why don't you come with me to this Special Abilities class huh?"

Hotaru looks at me and my eyes brightens, maybe she's going agree for once! But my hope sinks as she looks down and start to work on her new invention with batting an eyelash.

"Hey Hotatu!!" I yells, throwing my hands in the air. My anger is about to explode within minutes. "Just come with me alread-"

BAKA!!

Before I even finished my sentence, Hotaru picked up her Baka Gun and fired. "Shut up, it's noisy." She says with those heartless eyes.

My head hurts from the hit I received from Hotaru's Baka Gun. Scratching the back of my head, I complains, "Hey Hotaru, stop hitting me with that thing already! Stop being so mean oka-"

BAKA!!

Once again, she aimed the Baka Gun toward my forehead and fired, but Hotaru, you shouldn't underestimate my abilities. My flexibility has improved a lot over the past years.

Before the bullet hit me, I did a easy one handed backflip and got out the way. "Hehe..." I smiles, feeling proud of myself. I holds up a piece sign and laughs, "See? You guys shouldn't look down on me anymore."

But then I noticed everybody's expression's kinda stiff, they're all staring at the same direction. I turned around, noticing Natsume standing behind me, the bullet fired previously from the Baka Gun has already burned to crisps in his hands.

"Who the hell are you throwing this at huh?" He growls, glaring at Hotaru with those fierce crimson red eyes.

"Huh?" Hotaru replied coldly, not looking up from her new invention. "It's not my fault that you almost got hit in the face."

Geez, why is that nobody in this world likes to apologize?

Natsume continues to glare at Hotaru while Hotaru continues to ignore him. Any time soon and they would be fighting against each other.

"Okay okay." I says, stepping between them. "There's no need to fight, we're all friends after all." Twirling around, pretending this place as a peaceful studio.

An irk mark popped up from Hotaru's head. "Shut up. You're annoying."

Before she could pick up her Baka Gun, I quickly grabbed Natsume's sleeve and ran to the doorway. "Oh look at the time!" I exclaims, glancing down on my wrist to read my watch. "I've gotta go! Ja ne!" Waving goodbyes to my friends, I dragged Natsume out the door.

Natsume POV

Wait what? Why is Mikan dragging me with her? My mind's filled with numerous of questions but I kept my cool. I stared at the hand she's holding right now without hesitation, a slight blush appeared on my cheeks. I shook my bangs as it casts a shadow over my face. The Mikan before would never do this...

She kept on running without saying a word. Then suddenly, we reached to a halt. Mikan panted slightly before turning around, "Gomen Natsume." She smiles awkwardly, "I didn't know why I dragged you with me..."

"Don't mind it." I replies, not looking her in the face. "Anyways, what were you doing?"

"Ah! You see," Mikan scratches her head. "I was trying to get Hotaru to come with me to the Special Abilities class, but she's so cold!!" She yells, making an exasperated face. "No matter what I say, she won't stop firing those BAKA guns.

I can't help but to laugh a bit at her expression. 

"Well, what're you going to do now?" I asks, crossing my arms, "Should I show you the way?"

Her eyes widened as she stares at me, "You know, it feels weird how you're treating me so nicely. I mean, it's not like you to be so nice to me..."

My eyebrow twitches, "What, you don't need my help?" Even though I say that, I was silently preying she might beg me to come with her.

"No no no, I didn't mean it like that." Mikan giggled, "now will you take the honor to guide me to the Special Class?"

I stared at her, Mikan's hazel eyes shined brightly as she gave me a huge smile. She looked different, way different from back then. The Mikan back then would always cry whenever something sad happens, she would always come running to me. But now...

"Hello? Earth to Natsume~~" Mikan said, waving her hands in front of my face. "Are you okay, you look out of it."

I shook my head, "just thinking a few things, it's not a problem."

"You sure?"

I looked at her, her round, innocent eyes stared back up at me. Instead of the same size like before, I'm now a head taller than her. She practically had to be on tippy toes in order to reach my head. The blue uniform tightened around her waist, showing her curves. The blue skirt fluttered a few inches above her knees, making her legs look longer than usual.

Of course, I can't say she's flat anymore.

Mikan continued to stare at my face, tilting her head in a cute way. She's not just cute, she became beautiful. No wonder a few boys turned her way while she gracefully walked down the hallway.

"Let's go." I said, grabbing her hand. "I'll show you there."

I've decided to never let Mikan go ever again. EVER.