Chapter 83

Evening of the Crash - Continued

"Can you see Tae and Jungkook out there?" Yoongi asks as he sits in a chair at the table.

Namjoon remains looking out as he responds, "They are just downstairs, playing some game it looks like they made up. Laughing and being young like they should be. I can't tell you how many times I forget I am only a year older than Tae and Jimin. I feel much older than them. I can't imagine myself down there just being free like that."

Yoongi nods his head in agreement with Namjoon. "Come sit down, my dongsaeng, let's talk." Yoongi heads to the fridge as Namjoon takes a seat.

A beer appears in front of Namjoon. He gives Yoongi a funny look as he holds the can. "Jin uses tea, I use beer." And takes a seat next to Namjoon. They both open the cans, do a toast and take a slug.

"Namjoon, you have always been expected to act, and think older than you are, because of that big brain of yours. I remember the stories about how you were inside tutoring from an early age, when your friends were all outside playing. Just like now. You're up here helping to solve a problem, while your friends are outside playing."

"You are also up here because you know, we know, you can assist in solving this problem. It is not self-centered, it is selfless. You could walk away and leave Jimin to us, but you never would. Because your whole being, your very essence, is driven by the need to improve the lives of the people you touch. You do this not just through your brain, but your heart as well."

"There is only one thing you need from us, that is rest and sleep. How many times have we all said, you need to get some rest, or sent you to sleep, or did not wake you? We all know that is what you need, so you can do what is most important to you, help others. It's not selfish or self-centered, it's a physically required, as much as Jimin needs to eat so his body has the energy to dance, you need sleep for your brain to function at its best.

"So of course, the king of disturbed sleep is the worse person for you to share with. You would never make Jimin's meal buddy an anorexic. Even Jimin will tell people that he is the worse person to be your roommate. It is detrimental to you and to all of us."

"Jimin will get mad I told you this, but remember the night you two shared and Jimin had a nightmare. The next day he asked that if he pulled you or you pulled him, to please switch with him. That being roommates was truly unhealthy for you. You needed sleep and there were 5 other members that his sleep problems would not hurt, but they hurt you. Which hurt the group. That is why you rarely pull Jimin."

Namjoon had been rolling the can of beer in his hand while he just listened. He takes another drink and speaks. "I thought I was just being lucky not to draw him. What Jimin did was selfless, thinking about my needs and the group's. All I thought about was me and wanting to sleep, I did not think of anyone else."

Yoongi counters, "Again smart and dumb at the same time. No not dumb, innocent. One of the things that makes you so special is that you only see people in a positive light. You really think Jimin only did that for your needs. You don't see any other motivation for this do you?"

Namjoon looks over from his beer to Yoongi, "What are you getting at. I am too tired to play games."

Yoongi internally chuckles. 'Too tired. I bet you are, it is nap time for you after this. You need sleep.'

"Now don't get me wrong, our boy on the couch over there, he'd put his life on the line for us. But he also has a very selfish streak in him. Likewise, Jimin is damn good at hiding his cunningness. Let me pose a question to you. Why would it help Jimin if he does not room with you?"