Break-up

Charn: CPOV

I texted Finn to meet me on the bleaters I had to do this or I wouldn't be able to let go. And right now that's what I need to do. I need to let go and move on. And if I was still together with him I couldn't.

Mr. "Perfect face"
Mr. "Here to stay"
Mr. "Looked me in the eye and told me you would never go away"
Everything was right
Mr. "I've been waiting for you all my life"
Mr. "Every single day until the end, I will be by your side"

Finn came up and sat down next to me. He took one of my hands and looked at me. I ripped my hand out of his grasp.

"Finn, I always thought that you would be my one true love. Hell, you were my one true love. But you've hurt me in more ways than a person can take." I was saying the words I never thought I would have to say.

But that was when I got to know Mr. "Change of heart"
Mr. "Leaves me all alone, " I fall apart
It takes everything in me just to get up each day
But it's wonderful to see that you're okay

Finn had a look on his face that wasn't sadness or like he was sorry. He looked mad, like he didn't think I was going to breakup with him.

"Charlotte, it's nothing. Rachel is just a friend. This is so unnecessary." He stood up and started screaming at me. "You are just like you faggot best friend." At this point I was standing as well. I wasn't going to let him talk like this about my best friend about his BROTHER!

'Cause I hear he's got his arm 'round a brand-new gir
I've been pickin' up my heart, he's been pickin' up her
And I never got past what you put me through

"You are a horrible person, Hudson!" I screamed at him. "Kurt, is your brother!" I shoved him.

"NO HE'S A DISAPPOINTMENT JUST LIKE YOU!" I felt something in my heart snap at that. "No wonder why your dad hated you. You disappoint him." He started walking down the bleachers, I sat down and watched him leave.

Goodbye Mr. "Perfectly fine"
How's your heart after breakin' mine?
Mr. "Always at the right place at the right time, " baby
Goodbye Mr. "Casually cruel"
lMr. "Everything revolves around you"
I've been Miss "Misery" for the last time
And you're Mr. "Perfectly fine"
You're perfectly fine
Mr. "Look me in the eye and told me you would never go away"
You said you'd never go away

It was hard to watch the love of my life walking out of it like it wasn't important. I put my head in my hands and cried. Goodbye, Mr. Perfectly fine.

Brittana: SPOV

I walked into the choir room and found Brittany sitting in one of the chairs reading her sheet music. She was sitting crisscross and had her earbuds in listening to music.

"Um, Brit? Can we talk?" I sat down next to her and pulled out her earbud. She looked up at me and smiled. It took everything in my power not to just kiss her and forget everything I was going to say.

"Hey, Santana. Of course. Sorry, I'm just trying to figure out this song." She put everything off to the side, I took her hands in mine.

You were in college working part time waiting tables
Left a small town never looked back
I was a flight risk with a fear of falling
Wondering why we bother with love if it never lasts,

I sang to her softly. I could tell the moment she realized what was going on. Tears filled my own eyes as I started to say goodbye to my love.

"Brittany. You know I love you so much. But in just a few months I'm going to be in New York and you're going to be here." I reached up to wipe a tear from her face. "Love, I still love you." Here was my time to lie. "But, I'm not in love anymore."

I say "can you believe it?"
As we're lying on the couch
The moment I could see it
Yes, yes, I can see it now

"Santana, you're lying." She stood up and more tears fell from her eyes. "I know you are. You just want to say this because you don't want me to be hurt." She was starting to sob and it took all of my power not to hug her, comfort her.

Do you remember we were sitting there by the water
You put your arm around me for the first time
You made a rebel out of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine

"I'm so sorry, Brittany." I stood up and looked at her. I reached for her hand but she tore away. She ran out of the room, crying. I sat by down in the chair and felt tears in my eyes.

And I remember that fight, 2:30 A.M
When everything was slipping right out of our hands
I ran out crying and you followed me out into the street

I leaned back and wished that everything could go back to last years. We all still had a least a year left with each other, no one was freaking out about this or that. I just want things to be normal.

I was about to leave when I saw Charlotte come walking in. I don't think she realized I was in here. She was hugging herself and had her phone to her ear. She sat down at the piano.

"Kurt, yeah. I did it." She covered her hand with her mouth and a sob broke from her chest. "Yeah, the boys are having a sleepover tonight. No, don't want to be home alone." I saw her smile at something Kurt said. "Um, yeah I know prom is in two weekends." She laughed at him. "Jesus Christ! Kurt Hummel!" She faked gagged. I smiled, she looked so happy but yet so sad. "Yeah, I'll most likely be going alone. Everyone already has a date." She shrugged.

"Not everyone." I stood up and spoke. She gasped and snapped her head around at me. We both started laughing. She hung up with Kurt and walked over to me. "Maybe we could go together? As friends of course." Friends? Is that what Charlotte and I are? I don't know. Sisters? Maybe. I don't know, I've always thought something more of Charlotte. She might be only 17 and I might be 18 but I still like her.

I had just broken up with my girlfriend, of course. But going to prom with her as a friend isn't bad. Right?

"I would love to, Santana." She smiled and blushed.