Chapter 35 || May I?

A/N: Ayooooo check in here losers

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of Vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing."

I look over at Lila who hands Natasha a painting she made, making me smile admiringly at the two.

"What about Ultron himself?"

"Ah. He's easy to track, he's everywhere. Guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though."

I stand up when I spot Tony playing darts and grab the other color set, joining him silently.

"He still going after launch codes?" The billionaire asks after throwing a dart.

I toss one after, hitting the bullseye which gets me a shocked look and a scoff, "cheater."

"How did I cheat? I literally just threw the dart-" Natasha clearing her throat pulls me back and stops me from messing around with Tony.

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare." I snort at Tony's comment but Nick continues.

"Yeah, well, I contacted our friends at the NEXUS about that."

"NEXUS?" Cap frowns in confusion but I sigh and step forward, leaning on the wall.

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo, every byte of data flows through there, fastest access on earth." Natasha raises an eyebrow at me in surprise of my knowledge. It brings a strange sense of pride to me and I straighten up confidently.

"So what'd they say?" Clint washes the dishes while keeping a keen ear on the conversation.

"He's fixated on the missiles, but the codes are constantly being changed."

"By whom?"

A dart zips through the doorway I am in, hitting the bullseye, zipping right in front of Tony's face.

We both turn to look at Clint who just shrugs innocently, as if he had done nothing.

"Parties unknown."

"Do we have an ally?" Nat glances up now, fully pulled into the conversation. I can see the gears turning in her head, practically hearing her searching through her thoughts, trying to crack some sort of code.

"Ultron's got an enemy, that's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is."

"I might need to visit Oslo, find our 'unknown.'" I sigh at Tony's words, trying to think of anything we could do to take down Ultron. With those twins at his side, especially Wanda...they're a certainly strong foe.

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Nat offers Nick a lopsided grin, nothing but a teasing glint in her eyes.

" I do, I have you. Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else. Here we all are, back on earth, with nothing but our wit, and our will to save the world. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard."

"Steve doesn't like that kind of talk," Natasha flashes a sympathetic, yet completely entertained pout.

"Ya know what, Romanoff?"

I chuckle, moving over to sit beside Natasha at the table, sliding my hand onto her leg while everyone continues their conversation. While I listen in on the conversation while nearly losing myself in Natasha's gaze, I glance down at the art Lila gave her earlier.