Chapter 60 || Red Guardian

I am BACKKKK Hi :)

We've been flying for what feels like forever. I use my powers to make sure that the clouds don't block our way and the sunlight can guide us. Flying through the night was a difficult task, however.

After a while of flying the disgusting jet Mason decided was good enough for us...even though it isn't, Yelena switches out with Natasha and comes to sit by me.

"So this is the Seventh Circle Prison where your dad is?" I frown as I drag my finger across the tablet, tracking Alexei as Natasha guides him through.

"Yes. He is a super soldier, you know."

My head perks up at that, frowning, trying to think of what other super soldiers there are. From what I remember there was a Soviet Union one. He wore red. The Red something...

"He was the–" "Crimson Dynamo or something lame like that. He is no Captain America or Apollo, though."

Chuckling, I nod and look down, seeing the swarm of prisoners and guards coming, shooting at everyone, throwing flares down. Closing my eyes, I try to not focus on the violence, try to keep everything in check. The clouds are blocking the sun, I could kill everyone with the flick of a wrist.

Or I could take out the guards.

"Get me closer."

"What?" I scoff, looking over at Natasha who has now stood up and headed to the door, latching the rope wire to the hook just outside the jet.

"You got a better idea?" She snarks and I roll my eyes, "Sometimes, you hurt me."

"You love me though," She flashes me that cocky, annoying, yet heart thumping grin.

"That I do. Make it quick, I doubt we'll have much time."

"I thought being quick was your thing?" She jokes with a teasing eyebrow and Yelena laughs from the pilot seat, making me purse my lips and clear my throat.

"Ouch, Doll. Get your ass down there before I call the wedding off."

Natasha's face breaks into a wide grin, enjoying the banter that we have yet to let go of. It's what initiated my affection for her. She puts me in my places, battles back against me. She's stubborn. We both always loved our banter with one another, even before she started liking me.

Getting under each other's skin is like a little game for us. And then we make it up later when the lights go out.

She grabs the rope and jumps, swinging down and flipping, landing in her classic pose on the upper level.

"Such a poser," Yelena sighs and I smile, "That's my girl."

We start getting shot at and I grunt when a bullet grazes my arm, making me whine in annoyance, "Seriously? I like this jacket."

"Shit," Yelena huffs, trying to hide us between metal poles and structures but we continue to get attacked, this time from below.

I start feeling cold air rush in from holes the bullets create in the walls, making my nerves start to pick up. This isn't going very well.

"Lena. Headphones, now please."

She looks back at me and sees the stress starting to take me over. My eyes rest on Natasha who's fighting everyone off about a hundred feet below us. She doesn't have the time to calm me right now.

I can take my stress out on the people shooting at us.

"I got it, you're okay," Yelena says and comes over to me, handing me my phone and earbuds.