XIV

・❥・

・❥・

Y/n spectated their group completing their training assessment.

"Don't tell me you're scared." Kou looked up at them.

"No! Just...nervous."

"All you have to do is go in there and tell her how you feel. Then you ask her to see if she's on board with ditching the castle. Nothing too hard." Yuka exaggerated.

"Why don't you just tell her during the ceremony? You know, before she gets crowned." Ryuko suggested.

"Isn't that just a bit over the top?"

"I dunno, you tell me." Ryuko crossed his arms.

"What're you doing?" Nobara's voice scared the three.

"Um. Well. You see. We're...um." Ryuko panicked.

"And I thought I was the romantically devoted one." Yuka mumbled.

"We're preparing Y/n to confess to Maki." Kou butt in.

"What she said." Ryuko said.

"Oh. I thought.." Nobara got confused.

"We don't talk about that. Y/n is too slow to realize what's going on here." Yuka stopped her.

"What!? I'm genuinely lost here!"

"Why not just tell them?"

"We don't need them having a crisis about it. It's already bad enough with Maki." Kou sighed.

・❥・

With ceremony creeping up by the minute. Maki stressed over the thought of being crowned and having to be bothered with all the responsibilities of being queen as soon as the next day came. Everyone was already in the ballroom preparing for the hundreds of guests that were attending, meanwhile she struggled with finding the right dress for the occasion, which also stressed her out.

"Maki? It's me, can I come in?" Y/n's voice slipped through her side of the door.

"Yeah." Maki permitted.

They were greeted by Maki rubbing her temples, sitting on her bed.

"You okay?"

"No. I have to pick out a gown for tonight and I don't know what to wear, and I'm stressed because I don't know how much time I have left." She threw herself on her bed.

"Maybe I could help?" They offered.

"You don't have to help me out with something worthless like this."