2~ Three times the charm

"'Well George, this was fun but I have to go. I have a bus to catch" I said to him after we had both finished our breakfast. Note to self. George eats really slowly I thought to myself. "Awe man. Okay, See you around Clay." George said back, unsuspecting and beautiful. We waved goodbye as we parted, He went back to his room, whilst I went to the reception.

I open the glass the same as I had did the night before, the little bell ringing again as it did. Someone was sitting behind the desk reading a magazine, different person from the night before this time it was a much for sober looking lady, she even had the 'manager' badge on. She had looked up from her magazine to see me walking in "Just returning the key to room 405" I said to her walking up to the desk. She stood up and outstretched her hand for the key. "I hope you had a nice stay, sir" she said smiling, apart from the lumpiness of the bed, yeah I thought hostilely. "What and when is the next bus coming?" I asked just before she sat down again. She pointed over to a small chart on the door showing the times of buses.

I glanced over seeing the next bus was heading to Miami, Florida. I had never been there, hopefully a new new new start. I opened the door and left to wait outside of motel. I glance over at the alley I had came from the previous night. I shiver. I won't do it again! I won't. I won't? The more I say or think it it never happens, history repeats itself and I make the same stupid mistakes time and time again.

The bus squeaked into the bus stop had pulled me out from my thoughts. Looking up I see a tall bus pulling up. The door opened in a smooth action letting passengers in and out of it. I waiter for a couple of people walking out, before walking up a few stairs into the aisle of the bus. Not many people were left on the bus supposedly more people would come on the bus after him. But no one had came on except me in 5 minutes.

The driver had gotten off for a quick break and a smoke before he came back on, ready to leave the stop and go to the next. As the door closed a knocking came from outside of the bus. The door shuttered open again and on came the one person that I wished didn't come on. George.

He darts his gaze around the bus for a seat when he spotted me. "Clay!" He said whilst walking down the aisle, towards the end of the bus where I was sitting. I had been sitting near the window, away from the middle of the bus. "Can I sit next to you?" George said with a large hiking backpack on. I had shifted in my seat "I uhm sure." I blurted out as the bus shuttered into movement. George took his bag off and placed it at his ankles, then sat down next to me.

"You going to Miami too?" I said trying to make small talk to kill time. "Yup! I just love the hot weather!" George exclaimed facing over me. "I know what else is hot" I mumbled out completely not expecting it. "Hehe... what?" He answered very awkwardly back to me.

shit. shit shit. He hates me. he hates me. he hates me. I thought back to myself, a million words and thoughts rushing through my head, through my bloodstream. We sat silently together the entire way to Miami. George mostly read some sort of novel whilst I took it apon and myself to watch the world fly pass us. George eventually fell asleep somewhere in between the two places, at first he was just sleeping straight up but he started to flip over onto my shoulder. I tried to push him back up but I couldn't be bothered anymore and gave up.

The bus slowed to a stop in Orlando which took around 4 hours to arrive there. I gently shook George awake. He woke up and rubbed his eyes thoroughly rubbing out all of the nasty gunk in the corner of his eyes. "We're here already? How long did I sleep? Did I sleep on you?" George questioned me. I smiled at him and answered all of them "Yes we are, the majority of the trip, yeah you did." Georges face went a soft pink before he got up grabbed his bag and leaving without a word. Was it something I said? The bus had stopped in the heart of the city with multiple more buses willing to go to different parts of the city and state.

I really didn't know where to go. I had no family no friends, no anything. I thought maybe I should go for a small walk around the city. There was plenty of time to kill before it became dark. It was only mid-noon and it had been a tiring day. I had little money and I needed to save it so I simply found a motel that served free dinner. I found a small quiet place not far from a bus stop but also far enough from the city that you can hear a small hum of traffic.

I walked there obviously and went up to the reception. It was far nicer than the previous motel I stayed at. A nice smell of lavender flowed through the room, a kind looking woman was sitting at the desk. "Uhm any rooms available?" I asked her looking down at her. She smiled at me and said "room 363, Its near the entrance. How long will you be staying, sir?" She grabbed the key off a key hook. "Maybe a couple nights? I'm unsure." I said nervously. She smiled and gave me the key to the room. He hates me he hates me he hates me I thought whilst walking out, hands in pockets.

******

TRIGGER WARNING:gore, murder
Idiot idiot idiot. That's all I could hear. Mind blank and not willingly to think. A kitchen knife in hand, blood dripping off the end. I stared down at them. I had done it again. Should I feel remorse? Anger? Filth? I feel nothing anymore. Two stab wounds in their chest. There was still life in their eyes. "Please....*huff*......why?" They said has I stood over them. I kneeled over them and said "I don't know" as I stabbed them again before carving out a smily face into their cheek. I dabbed my index finger in their wound."

'Why can't I stop? Why do they all hate me?'
'Three times the charm'

_____________

WOO! Well that was a chapter to write. I know my gore wasn't that gory and I sort of meant to be but also not. Probably the first gory thing I've wrote.

Paragraph 7 "Was it something I said?" is from the song 'Was it something I said' by Mykey

Date- 19-12-21
Words- 1186