3~ Evidence

"I found myself pulling off my ski mask again and walking though dark alleyways. Tall buildings had swallowed me whole as I walked around aimlessly.  It was extremely late but I wasn't even tired. I found a small childrens park somewhere in the city so instead of continuing to walk aimlessly around a quiet, dark city, I went to go sit on a swing and chill out for a bit.

As the minutes flew by into the early hours of the next day I hear someone's shoes scuffing on the cold concrete towards me. I look up and see a familiar figure walking towards me. Though it was only a silhouette of a person I had a good idea of who it was "George?" I said as the dark shadow came closer towards me. His face illuminates in a nearby street light. "Hey Clay." He said drowsily as he walked over and sat down in a swing next to mine. "You okay? You sound tired." I said as I lean over to him . "Oh I do? Couldn't tell." George said very sarcastically

"I am tired. I just can't sleep, I often can't. I'm pretty surprised I did on the bus here." He replied as he looked over to me before closing his eyes and leaning on the swing rope(no clue what it's called). I looked up and saw very few lights in the night sky. I remembered when I was kid I used to look up and see thousands of stars, not anymore. "Hey George, you should look up." I said to him trying to make him the least bit sleep induced. As I asked, he did look up rather groggily I must add but he did look up. I looked at him as I saw his eyes light up in delight. "It's beautiful." George said looking into the end of the universe. Just like you I thought, I couldn't say it out loud he would've stare at me like a freak. Like he did on the bus.

"Oh, I'm sorry for being a jerk on the bus. I had just woken up and I-'' "Don't be. I knew no one would be nice to me." George's semi smile faded into nothingness. "Clay." words filled George up unsure which ones to say. "I- I'm sorry" Is the only thing he could say before leaning over and giving me a hug. I felt warmth, I felt welcomed. I wanted for that moment in time to pause forever, but we both new it couldn't. I felt like crying, I couldn't remember the last time I had felt so loved.
It had been A long, lonely time since being held like that.

Life was so unfair for him. Everyone he had ever loved abandoned him. His best friends he missed the most.

"Thank you, George." Was the only thing that I could stuff out through my lips. "I needed that." I said before sniffing back my tears. George smiled at me and hugged me again, sadly for a shorter period this second time. George is blissfully an aware of everything around him, the bloody mask in my pocket, the knife tucked into my jean belt under my shirt, the complete mess I had made only an hour prior.

I heard sirens blaring closer to us. I visibly flinched and George noticed that . The police cars had swerved onto a street leading to the house I was at. Shit shit shit. "Are you okay Clay? You sort of...flinched?" George asked me innocently completely unaware. How the fuck do they know? "I uhm yeah. I'm fine" I replied, hesitant to reply at all. "You- you don't sound fine?" He insisted again whilst leaning over to me again. "Drop it. I'm perfectly fine. I promise" I said very sincerely nearing the end of the sentence.

"Fine, I just want you to be okay. Your my friend remember that." George said back to me clutching at me shoulder. I smiled and he leaned in and hugged me again. I leaned against the nook of his neck connected to his shoulder. We left each other's embrace and quickly changed the subject. He was clearly blushing and flushed. "So when are you going to leave the city? Or are you?" George asked me simply trying to calm himself from hugging me twice. I thought for a little while, I never really thought of it before, where do I go from here?

"I'm just travelling around for a while, no clue where I'm going to afterwards." I said whilst he agreed nodding. He swang in his small child's swing as he was nodding. "Yeahhhh. I'm doing the same... CLAY!" George yelled as he flicks his head over to me in some crazy idea. I nod slowly. "What. If. WE. Travel together for a bit!" His eyes lit up with joy like a little kid on Christmas morning, hoping for their favourite toy. Honestly it wasn't a bad idea. He was site seeing and I needed to escape a few cities. "Sure" I said also excited to learn more about George and spend more time with him. "Jeez mr unenthusiastic over here!" He giggled out. I chuckle a bit before it slowly turned into a wheeze from George's laughter."

******

???
"I was currently at a house where a murder had taken place. Dream had just taken a fifth innocent life over a course of a few months. Their attacks had been getting increasingly closer together.

"Hey boss we found some fingerprints" I said as a black baseball cap I was wearing almost falls off my head. "What?! Where?" Said my boss, he was far shorter than me and had black hair, that he always covered with a beanie. "Apparently there were fingerprints on some of the other kitchen knifes." I replied to him as I pulled down my cap again.

He was investigating the victims body before it is was more closely inspected by a pathologist (someone who does autopsies). He limps over to the kitchen from the living room. A lot of people in my unit were speculating about why he was limping. Most people say he was in some sort of car crash a while ago others say he was shot. He swiftly walks by me and up to another group of detectives, hunched over the kitchen counter. "Once all this is in the lab we should know who 'Dream' is." he said to everyone in the house."

_____________
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone got what they wanted! I mostly got clothes but I don't mind! I can now proudly say that I recently read ff1970 god damn it was sad!

Paragraph 4 "A long, lonely time." is from the song 'Unchained melody' by The righteous brothers !

Date- 26-12-21
Words- 1062