A19: 𝘙𝘦𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘴

Grace

The aftermath was brutal. 

Most of the right arm were either dead or taken by Wicked. The only remains of The Right Arm camp was burned down tents and crates with bullet holes in and bodies. I hardly think anyone had slept last night, I know I didn't none of us did, we all stayed awake staring into the dark abyss as the images of last night repeated in my head like a broken DVD player. 

They all circled around my head on repeat. Teresa's betrayal. Ava Paige's return. Mary's death. Minho's abduction. It all repeated as I rewatched every second in my head, almost all in slow motion. The light of helicopters shining behind Teresa as she Joined Wicked. A small patch of blood forming on Mary's shirt as she fell to the ground. The trap door of the berg opening to reveal the woman I hated with every ounce of my being. Minho being dragged further and further away from me as I screamed his name, and cried into Thomas' shirt.

I didn't really talk to anyone the entire night through to the morning, I just sat and stared at the remainder of the camp, almost missing the entire night as it seemed to fly past me, only noticing it was the morning as the once inky black sky turned an ice blue and sun began to pour down from the clear sky. 

My mind was oblivious to everything around me until I heard footsteps coming towards me before Thomas sat beside me, wrapping his arm around me as I laid my head on his shoulder. The buzz of silence sounded around us before I broke it, lifting my head off the brunettes shoulder. 

 "When everyone first began to come into the glade, Minho was one of the few people I trusted. Besides Newt of course." I say with a sad tone as me and Thomas continue to stare out in front of us. "He supported me when I wanted to become a runner, even if my brother didn't want me to." 

I kept my eyes focused on the sky, I knew if I looked at Thomas I would break down again. "I was second in command before Newt, when he was a runner and he always told me how horrible the maze was. But after his accident we switched roles, he was second in command and I was a runner. My brother was always worried about me going into the maze, but Minho looked after me." 

"We were running partners and we always talked about what our lives would be like outside of the glade." It was almost as if I could see the image of me and Minho running through the maze, our words echoing around the walls as we conversed over the smallest and happiest things we could think of. 

"I told him I wanted to have a life, with my brother, spend the rest of it living in peace with Newt. And he told me he wanted to sit in a place with no walls, somewhere like the glade, just without the maze. He told me he wanted to feel free." Tears came to my eyes as I remembered what he told me, wanting him and everyone else to have the life we all wanted. "But now he's back in their hands...I promised he would have hsi freedom and I failed him." 

Silence once again filled the air as I felt Thomas' eyes on me, his arm tightening around me as he lent his head on top of mine. "There's something else Wicked wants, Tommy. Something inside of us...Inside of me." 

I could feel my eyebrows furrow slightly as I thought, turning to see Thomas looking at me with the same look. "They didn't send me in there just because I stopped the tests." 

My mind began to get bits and pieces of my past, my past in Wicked as they flickered in my head. "I think they were planning something, for a while. Even before I tried to save Newt." 

"I think they found something." I muttered, loud enough for Thomas to hear me as I continued to register every memory I got. 

"Found what?" Thomas asked looking at me, almost hanging on to every word I said.