07 ━ origami elephants and apple turnovers

━

CHAPTER SEVEN
Origami Elephants and Apple Turnovers

          "WHY DIDN'T YOU tell me after Derek turned me?" Isaac asked as he and Harley got off the school bus and followed the Coach up to the running trail in the woods. It was a bright and warm day in Beacon Hill. The sun shone down on the woods, casting rays of light between the leaves and branches.

Harley liked to run, it helped clear her head so she joined the cross-country team. And today, they would be joined by the boy's lacrosse team.

She was wearing red running shoes, black work out leggings and a thin zip up red hoodie over her black sport's bra.

It had been over a week since the inner circle found out about Harley. Since then, Allison and Lydia always accompanied her to the bathroom while Scott and Stiles made sure to stick by her in the hallways and when they had the same classes. Harley was beginning to feel smothered.

"I wanted to stay out of it all." Harley huffed.

"I just... I just can't believe ghosts are real." Isaac breathed out as he bent down and tied his laces.

The twins Harley had bumped into last week came up behind her with a smirk. That same bad gut feeling she felt last week rose in her again. Then she remembered Isaac telling her about two Alpha twins who combined to make one big Alpha. Oh, crap.

"Excuse us." The one in the black hoodie smiled as they took their own positions on the other side of Isaac, obviously taunting him.

Harley could see the way Isaac tensed as he side eyed at the two. The Coach blew his whistle and Isaac shot up abruptly.

"Isaac!" Scott called as he placed a hand on the boy's shoulder, keeping him from running.

"It's them!" Isaac sneered angrily as he shoved Scott's hand off him.

"Isaac, wait!" Scott yelled as Isaac took off, surpassing other students to the front.

"Go!" Harley urged.

Scott quickly broke off in a sprint after Isaac who was going after the Alpha twins. She thought about helping but at the same time she also didn't want to.

But then she remembered the way Scott had helped her last week. He had taken her to his house and gave her an ice pack. And then she remembered Isaac was her friend. She threw her head back and squeezed her eyes shut. Son of a bitch.