Banana Fish Hanahaki

The tears still streamed down eiji's face each time he thought of ash. Though his mind knew he was gone, his heart still longed to see the emerald eyes, to feel the soft touch of his fingers, and to kiss the pale peach coloured lips.

The aching in his throat got worse, making eiji cough. He pulled out the handkerchief from his pocket and held it in front of his face, knowing what would happen. He didnt need anyone seeing it.

Not that it was something rare, or contagious, but he just didn't want to have to explain. Explain why he would rather die than lose him again. Eiji looked down on the pale pink flowers petals.
Despite hanahaki being deadly, it was such a pretty disease.

One who is in unanswered love, unable to have the person they have feelings for return them, is known to have it. Hanahaki makes the poor man or woman cough up cherry blossom petals.

Though it started slow for eiji, it didn't take long or he would cough up more and more leaves, quicker after each other.

Eiji was slowly getting weaker and weaker as his body tried to fight it, draining his energy. Eventually he collapsed in his apartment, unable to move or call for help. It was a miracle ibe found him when he did, or eiji woyld have been gone much sooner than he will be now.

Ibe had know the second he saw the petals. He knew exactly who, and with that, why eiji didn't want to, nor could be cured. There are 2 ways to cure hanahaki, but besides those, it is deadly.

The first one, is getting the person you are in love with, to love you back. For eiji, that was impossible. Ash died a little over a year ago now. But that wasn't the worst part. Aslan had peace and quiet now. The thing about it, what still hurt eiji, was the fact he died alone. Ash deserved someone by his side, to love him andhold his hand as he slipped away in his beautiful dream.

And because of that, the fact that eiji still always thought he had to keep loving ash, even though he was gone now, prohibited him from curing hanahaki the other way. A surgery which woyld remove the flower petals from him. But along with that, his feelings would leave him too.

So eiji had made his choice. He had chosen not to die, but to be reunited with his first, his only, and his true love. The petals in his handkerchief made him sad, yet excited somehow. Soon he would have to say goodbye to his life ik this world, yes, but he and ash would finally be together again.

A single month later, it was ibe who placed flowers on the casket eiji layed in. Though his eyes and his heart cried, for eiji had been like a son to him, he knew that he would be happy now. And some day, he would see him again.

It was luke falling asleep for eiji. Except when he woke up, there was nothing but white surrounding him. He got up, turned around and was suddenly met by the emerald eyes and peach lips he had loved and missed for so long.

The taller but younger blonde man in front of him grinned, grabbbed his waist and pulled eiji against him, then commenced to kiss him passionately. Their fingers intertwined as the kiss ended and their foreheads met. Ash said just a single thing, but it meant the world to eiji.

"what took you so long, my love."