Time: 18:15

Bailey

Well. I thought this night was going to be hard. But it turns out some renegade ghost whisperers want to be captured. One of the guys on my roster decided to broadcast their location and suggest a fight.

There is ad posted on Craigslist, it reads as follows

Are you a ghost buster? I am going to kick your ass. You may have stolen my ghost. Well, I have more. Come to my location and I will beat the shit out of you and take back my ghost. This is a very good deal.

And the person tagged their location. Phenomenal. I can feel Wilson saying 'this can't be this easy'. No, it can't, but I'm going for it anyway.

"Axel Neman?" I ask, showing my badge.

"Where is he?" the man asks, turning. He's young looking, maybe late twenties, with nut brown curly hair and olive skin. His eyes flash when he catches sight of me. He's small and lithe standing there in the London fog, and if it weren't for his broad shoulders and slim chest, he'd look like a girl

"Chances are, he's right here by your side. Let's talk," I say, smiling.

Wilson

"Phoenix Riveria?" I ask, showing my badge to the man in the red hoodie. There's blood running from the fatal wound. And he stands impossibly close to the living man that Bailey is questioning.

"Yes?" he asks, turning a little. "Are you who's doing this? Look you have to listen to me---I need to talk to him. This isn't good. And it's not going to go well for anyone."

"Calm down. This is all over at sunrise. You just need to come with us for a while," I say, getting out cuffs, "Now, are you going to come quietly?"

"I need to stay with him---no I have to stay with him you don't understand—"

"I understand perfectly. This is routine, the veil is just closed tonight. Normally you'd be back to normal by morning, but the thing is, you're not on your side of the veil are you? That's why he's so freaked out. And you're so freaked out?" I ask.

"Look, we got—erm---permission to do this—it's really best I stay with him."

"It's best you come with me."

Axel

"Tell me right now where my husband is," I growl at the small woman in front of me.

"He's probably right next to you. We just closed the veil—"

"What the fuck does that mean?" I growl.

"It means that for tonight, any supernatural activity you were up to is over," she says, holding up her hands non-combatively. "Just for tonight. By morning things will be back to normal."

"I want him right now," I say, shaking my head, "Just give him back now."

"Here's the thing. You were never supposed to contact him through the veil. You clearly have been. So. My coworkers on the other side will be taking him back to headquarters," she says, "So how about you come with me?"

"Taking him back why?" I ask. No I don't trust any of this. But what choice do I have?

"Because you've been breaking the rules. You—and all the others who have been interfering with the supernatural---will get tried once morning comes. For now we're just rounding everybody up."

"And people will get him as well? How?" I ask, frowning.

"They're dead too," she says, calmly, "Now you can come quietly with me or let me call back up. But you are coming in tonight. And so is anybody else he's been contacting."