>>> chapter 18.

a/n: good luck for the ones who are pulling for itto! skipping him since i'm saving for xiao, good luck on your pulls! + here's the long chapter i promised about

tw: mentions of guns, mentions of gambling

-

"I believe this is enough. Please give back the purse, or face the consequences." a particularly sudden voice appeared. The male gave shivers to the suspicious person and Y/N.

A bunch of bodyguard-looking people, stepped forwards to the man, having guns on them. "You must Kyouya Dan, correct? You've been in debt for several years, to Mr. Ajax, isn't that right? You should pay your debts before he comes and hunts you. But you always could go to jail." the man's voice was revealed, and was standing beside Y/N.

'Diluc Ragnvindr? I shouldn't be thinking of this but, why is he here?'  Y/N took a glimpse of the red-haired male, and then their eyes were locking each other. Y/N frowned, and took her gaze to the man who was getting arrested.

"I'll deal with him, go contact the police." Diluc excused them. The man, Dan, had no pocket weapon on his hands or any other weapon on him. "You could've just kicked him, do you not know self-defense?" Diluc questioned Y/N.

"What if he had a gun on him? Another weapon besides a pocket-knife. I was just being careful for my own safety. I actually do know self-defense, thank you." Y/N explained.

"Hmm." was the sound that came out of Diluc's mouth.

'He probably thought of me as an idiot. I'm pretty sure he does, since I kicked the probably wealthiest man in the country.'  Y/N glared at the male's back, when he was approaching the man.

"I'll be taking this," Diluc snatched the stolen purse from him. "W-wait! Y-you can't do this! Like you said I'm in debt! How am I going to repay one million to him in three weeks?!" the man panicked.

"He gave you five years, to be exact. All you've done was gaining more and more debt. Your original debt was five-thousand. You could have easily paid it off, by getting a job. But you decided on doing something else." Diluc clarified.

'Five years and he gained one million debt? Did he try gambling...?'  Y/N was confused about the situation. "That was my wife! She left me in debt! She took everything away from me! I went jobless, and was in debt by Mr. Ajax. I was truly grateful for him to expand my duration so I can repay my debt! But the women I married used my name!" The man was frightened by the cold eyes that Diluc had.

"You had no wife. On the record, you were engaged, but it was broken by her because of your actions of gambling, don't even try to get out of the situation, since the man who you owe, will track you down. This is reality." Diluc warned and left him there.

He suddenly left him helpless, and police arrived. Y/N decided to leave this to the police, she actually wasn't quite shocked by the situation. She heard about Childe's 'job debt collecting' when she encountered Zhongli.