acht

"who was that with you when subin came to visit?"

"it's no one, jun. it was just a bunch of boxes, nothing else."

"from when did you learn to sound this sassy?"

"i-i...i'm not being sassy, i swear! i-it was nothing..."

"well, bitch, remember one thing, i can clearly see through your bullshit. i know you're interested in that neighbour next door."

"n-no! we d-didn't do anything! i swear it was just for giving his keys back...!"

"well, i'll believe you for the time-being. but if i see you around him one more time, i'll make you suffer."

"y-yes, jun...i understood..."

mark sighed as he overheard the conversation going on between the couple. he never really understood why sejun hated donghyuck this much, yet didn't break off their relationship.

what is even worse is that, he never understood why donghyuck still stood with him even after the emotional abuse he suffered for who knows how long.

the sound of knocking on his door jolted him from his thoughts.

he approached the door reluctantly and opened it, revealing the man he hated so much, suprisingly.

"uh, hi, can we have a word?" sejun asked in a smug tone, further confusing him.

mark nodded in the affirmative, slightly suspicious about what was happening. he leaned on to the hallway, while frowning at the man in front of him.

"uh, well, you see, me and my boyfriend had moved in for a week, and i had been noticing that he's...slightly interested in you," sejun started. "i would prefer if you would stop getting close to him."

"what if i don't? it's not your choice whether your boyfriend should make friends or not," mark retorted, defending donghyuck. "besides, i know you've been abusing him for who knows how long."

sejun chuckled menacingly as he reached out to his pocket. "so, you're trying to report me to save that stupid little slut, aren't you?" he said as he came closer to him.

mark was a bit sceptical of what sejun was trying to do, but remained calm. "don't fucking call him a slut. understand?" he mumbled angrily at him.

"he is a slut, it's just that you can't see it. and you think you can make my life hell, huh? well you can't," sejun said cockily as he grabbed his revolver and pointed it to his head. "i'm afraid you'll be dead before you could do anything."

"sejun, no!"

the familiar treble-filled voice of donghyuck caught both their attention.

"what the hell do you even want, bitch?!" sejun retorted at him, diverting his attention away from the man whom he was threatening. this gave him time to snatch the revolver from him.

"give that back, you asshole!" sejun yelled as he reached for his weapon. he grabbed his hands, trying to snatch the gun from him.

in the midst of them quarreling as they bought tried to get a hold of the gun, the trigger was pulled and the gun started to shoot, making loud noises and startling the rest of the tenants. donghyuck sank down on to his knees, scared for his life as he watched both of them.

the final shot subsided and a loud groan was heard, which sounded terribly familiar to him. he opened his eyes to see both of them on the floor, but the exception is that sejun, was clutching his leg as blood leaked into his hands.

"we need to bring him to a hospital," donghyuck said in a feeble yet firm tone.

"why should we? let that asshole suffer, he deserves it anyways," mark scoffed, looking at the injured man in satisfaction.

"n-no...no one should deserve this. let's take him to the hospital, or else i don't think he would survive..." donghyuck defended, hands trembling due to how nervous he was. mark facepalmed at the reply.

"how is he so fucking adorable when he's like this...his moral compass amazes me," mark thought as he sighed. "fine, we'll bring this idiot to the hospital. don't come crying to me when he starts doing his shit on you."

A/N: yeah, yeah, jun got hit, great karma for the villain, wbk. i wanted to write this fic without any sort of mafia criminal shit, but apparently, i can't lmao.

the thing is, i was writing an angsty markren fic (no, not "a sinful favour", i was writing another one way before that) which has a lot of guns, criminal shit, you name it. i switched over to this ff when i didn't have ideas, and looks like it rubbed onto me.

this also means that, he's going to be hospitalized for 2 days or something, meaning no one's locked up anymore uwu. a fluffy chapter is on its way, so be ready for that too :D