Fire

(TW: death, fire, suicide)

She sat on her favorite rock as she watched her home be burned to the ground. This wasn't how things were supposed to go. She was suppose to find her family and bring them back here.

Now everything was gone.

She had lost it all. Her mother, her father, her brothers, everything...

She stood from where she was sitting and walked closer to the fire. What's left to live for if you have nothing? She reached out a hand into the bright flame, letting it engulf her hand. She couldn't feel a thing.

She stepped closer.

It was half way up her arm now. She could see it burning away her skin but she couldn't bring herself to care. All she wanted was for her suffering to end. If this was how, then so be it.

She stepped closer.

The flame had now consumed her right arm. It was now spreading to her dress. The flame licked at her face. She stood emotionless and let it spread further.

She stepped closer.

She was now surrounded by the fire that consumed her home. The fire was eating away at her. It burned her clothes, her skin, her hair. The smoke burning her lungs. She closed her eyes and accepted her fate. This was her end. Now more suffering, just peace.

She collapsed.

She had died in the flame that stole her home. She was no more.