Chapter 10 (Part 2)

Um, hi again? (Covered in thick cobwebs) Well, you see... I've been udpating this chapter but something went wrong with Wattpad and it destroyed half of its story...which leaves me in shock and incredible size of disappointment.  I worked hard for it so I can publish it earlier than this day but then...my eyebags worn off for nothing. Boo-hoo.

The photo of the previous chapter was my idea of Joan Moriarty and I just realized that she's 50 years old now (Wow, but anyway, she still looks like a Moriarty for me) The previous chapter, again, was cut into two parts.  There, a very long chapter filled by nearly 7K words! I hope it's worth the wait.

Now, now, now. There is a POV that doesn't belong from any of our main characters in this chapter...making it my first chapter with a brand new POV. Huehuehue. I'll finally end this case once and for all.

Thank yew to the people who mysteriously knew my birthday and greeted me!(I'll place my money that these people are from the government)

(Joan's POV )

When I was nearly eight, in a seemingly normal Christmas eve for the Moriartys, I went straight to boredom and fully loaded brain.  Completely I am being bombarded with my subjects.

  Completely I am being bombarded with my subjects

"Jjjjjiiimmm!" I whined on my study table.  Snow covering the window and children playing outside.  It's been a holiday for everyone, but I was told to work on my homework before the end of freedom and the beginning of school takes place.

"What do you need, Joana?" He replies on the living room, busy filing some papers on the dinner table.

"I can't figure this one."

"Yes you can, all you have to do is be creative."

"I'm not that creative." I sigh heavily and lean my forehead on my palm. Math problems just makes me tired.

He scans the problem before rubbing any chin.  He points with his two fingers,"All you have to do is to switch this fraction and then change division to multiplication, remember Joan? Basic Math of Fraction." He smiles, trying to be patient as ever to me.

Oh," He then spots some book under my homework, "Reading detective stories secretly while answering your homework, is it?"

I felt my cheeks blushed."I want to become a detective someday..."

"Really?"

"I thought it might be cool."

I have to tell the truth, that's my real intention.  I always wanted to tell him that I've wanted to become a detective of my own...solving problems, helping people, and possibly...find mom and dad.

"What are you thinking, brother?" I asks him when I heard no answer from him as minutes passed.

He rolls his eyes all the way pointing on the ceiling with worry and being uncertain. Then, he clicks his tongue. I just knew it that he wouldn't be pleased about it. "Don't you think being a detective...is slightly boooring and dangerous for a girl like you?" There was uncertainty in his words that made me frown.