Chapter2: Familiar

(Joan Moriarty:)

"Ohhh..kkaay?" I said slowly as I prolong into confusion and lick my upper lip. I do that everytime it's awkward. Does he acts like that? Yep, so immature. What an immature drunkard. And such an eccentric individual. "What happened to Sherlock?" Mrs. Hudson asked, puzzled by Sherlock's drunk behavior. We could only watch her, since we don't know what to explain to her. I mean, how can you explain that in simple words without sounding a little bit weird?

John then sighed, rubbing his face. "Bloody drunkard, Mrs. Hudson." He replied like he get used to his flatmate's behavior. "Bloody drunkard. Nothing to do with his life."

"One nice murder can do the trick." Mrs. Hudson stated happily and went inside to placed the tea on the table. She is such a positive old lady. How could they bear being with Sherlock? I'm curious. I'm sure it never gets bored here.

"Well, that's the problem. I have to say that the crime rate was not the same ever again since the infamous consult criminal, Jim Moriarty, died." Greg says under his breath that is left to be obviously heard by everyone in the room.

I felt a lump inside my throat that I need to swallow. They're talking about my brother.

"Well, are you gonna see the flat, Ella?" John asked.

"Y-yes, I am. Or should I have to? Sherlock just told me to buy it."

"See it first and decide if it suits you." John smiled, like he was the landlord and not Mrs. Hudson.

"Okay then. Thanks John." I said sheepishly.

"Right this way." Said Mrs. Hudson and gave us a mini tour.

It is quiet and nice in here. I love the wallpaper and...the neighbors? Compared to the previous flats I visited and checked, that'll be a big yes. It seems that I'll have my personal space and sense of peace soon by the vacancy of other rooms, creating gaps for each rented ones.

While she was fiddling the keys, we saw a paper on the door that says: Sherlock's property, with a smiley as an 'O'. He is quite creative, it made me smile. "Never mind that." She sighed and opened it. "Welcome to 211C."

We went in. It wasn't much dusty and it was a nice flat. I have to be honest, Sherlock and John's flat is better but this is good. I'm a woman who tends to struggle in being organized sometimes. But I tend to clean if I'm bored, which it'll always end in destruction and memory time.

"Do you like it, dear?" Mrs. Hudson asked after I scanned the room.

"It's...nice. I like it. I think, I'll take it." I told Mrs. Hudson without looking back. I begin to visualize.

The living room has its beautiful furniture with a taste of classic design. The kitchen was nice and clean. Bedroom, neat. Bathroom, better than my old flat in America. This must be the reason why Sherlock wants it, but why? He has his own flat.

"Thanks for helping, Greg." I thanked Greg after we checked the flat. Mrs. Hudson left us a while ago as soon as we came back to 221B.

"Welcome, Ella. Glad that you have one now." He smiled and we paused, looking at each other.

"...So, you still like me?" I asked, placing a hair behind my ear and observed him. His face suddenly flushed red, and that explains everything.

"Um, look, Ella. Sherlock is nothing but a---"

"Greg, it's ok. I've noticed it since highschool." I told him.