chapter 4. for each other

»»————- ☀ ————-««

George watched as Sienna fished as Lottie hunted for her fish. George sat beside her. His legs in the cool water as the sunlight were felt on his skin. He still can’t fathom the fact as to why Dream would build a house for his sister.

Alright maybe he does, but he didn’t know if he should believe it. And the more he listened to his sister tell her about the time she spent with Dream while they built the house was proof enough of what he was thinking.

“George?” she asked as he stood in front of him. He hummed and looked at her. She raised an eyebrow at him. “What are you thinking?” she asked. He shrugged making her huff. “George you have your thinking face on.” She said.

“What? No I don’t.” he argued. She rolled her eyes and sat beside him. “Do you not like the house?” she asked with a frown. George let out a breath, “I do.” He said. “Then what’s wrong?” she asked.

He looked at her and pursed his lips. “I just can’t believe we won’t be living together anymore.” He said. Sienna’s shoulders sagged and she frowned, “George…” she trailed. He shook his head and grabbed her hands, “But I don’t mean for you to let this go okay? I know you’re happy and I don’t want to stop that.” He said.

Sienna stared at her brother with unsure eyes. George let out a small laugh, “I’m okay Enna. You’re all grown up.” He muttered. She sighed, “Is that it? Me growing up?” she asked. He stared at her and she sighed again.

Gripping his hands, “No matter how grown up I be or how much time and years pass by, I will always be your little sister.” She whispered.

He smiled at her reassurance. He patted her hands and nodded, “Just know that I will never stop you from being happy okay?” he asked as they stared at each other.

There was something in George’s eyes and tone. It was as if he wasn’t just talking about the house and her growing up. She feels as if it was something more than that but she just can’t figure out what it was.

The siblings stayed there, watching the sunset as Lottie started to swim back to them. The little pink axolotl stared up to them. Sienna smiled and grabbed the bucket. This was a sign to George to gather up the fish his sister had caught into another bucket.

Sienna gathered Lottie up and with the help of George they were out of the stream and walking back to the home. From afar, Sienna could see Sapnap reading a book while Dream was fixing the lights of the lamp.

Dream had at first wanted to stay basic with the torches but Sienna had grabbed their old lamps and asked Dream for some candles so the home was now lit up by lamps every time the sun had set.

The siblings stood outside her door and Sienna turned to look at George. She smiled at him and he chuckled, “What?” he asked. She pursed her lips and put up her pinky. He stared at it and then laughed, “Really?” he asked.

She huffed and raised her pinky making George happy. He looped his around hers and they smiled at each other. “For each other.” They whispered.

The door then opened and there stood Sapnap with a chuckle, “Come on slow pokes. Dream had cooked.” He said as the siblings walked in the home.

“Dream? Cooked?” Sienna joked making Dream scoff and point the spoon at her. She smiled and shrugged bringing Lottie to her aquarium.

“What did Dream cook?” George asked with a yawn. “Cod.” Sapnap said as he sat on a chair ready to eat. Lottie squeaked making the four of them laugh. “Don’t worry little Lottie, I got more fishies for you.”