Chapter 9

NEW CHAPPIE YAY
Dedi goes to @9803ann 💕

I open my eyes in alert as I feel something nudging my hand. Everything is blurry at first, but then I realize I'm in the desert in the painting. My eyes shift over to the object moving my hand, and a black stallion (That's a horse you guys xD) looks at me with deep brown eyes filled with worry. I start to stand up, but the horse pushes me back down. I get up, slower this time, and the horse nods in approval.

As I look around me, there's nothing but desert. I scan the horizon and see a red pyramid in the distance. I pet the horse gently and he nuzzles me. He kneels down, like he wants me to get on his back. I do, and I cling onto his mane. He begins to trot towards the pyramid.

This goes on for hours. We keep going towards it, but the pyramid stays where it is, as if we weren't even moving, which we were, because there's a long trail of hoof prints behind us. The horse stops, and I get the memo. I climb off his back and we rest. The only thing on my mind is water and Anubis. The pyramid looks like the only option, but how are we supposed to get there if we can't get closer?

My throat begs to be filled with water, and there's nothing I can do. A sparrow gently lands on my legs. What's a sparrow doing here? I'm so dazed for thirst I don't question it twice. The sparrow starts pulling on my shirt, like it wanted me to get up. The horse moves towards the sparrow like its about to attack, but stops and the gentle stallion he was before is back. He kneels down again for me to climb on. The sparrow flies ahead of us and Buddy, which I had decided I would call the horse, begins to follow it.

Eventually, we halt at a small pond like pool of water. The sparrow nods its head in approval and I climb off the horse. We eagerly drink the water until our stomachs are full. Oddly, I'm not all that hungry. I begin to wash my face with the water when I spot a midnight black pearl on the bank. The sparrow races towards it, picks it up, and sets it in my hand. I wrap my fingers around it and put it in my pocket and look at the sparrow for approval. My wish is granted, and the sparrow starts flying towards the pyramid again.

And the pyramid begins to get closer, and a wave of fear washes over me.