Chapter 3 (Part 2)

The picture above is Sadie and Anubis's promise rings 😄

As I reach my cell, I hear Anubis's voice panicking in my head. The poor thing. It had probably driven him mad not knowing if I was okay. Scar was long gone, she had disappeared mumbling something about going back to being a stripper.

'Sadie!'

Over and over. It brakes my heart hearing him so worried.

'Shh, calm down Deathbreath. I'm okay. I'm here now.'

'Thank gods. Are you okay? If they hurt you, I'm going to rip off their-'

'Anubis. Shh. I'm fine.'

I can't help but chuckle at his fierce protectiveness. I can see the flustered look on his on his face as I hear a him grumble to himself 'Shut up Anubis, she's fine.'

'Aw, are you talking to yourself again?' I tease.

'What? I uh.. Duh... Er..'

I stop teasing him, the poor thing is flustered enough.

'Right. So um,...'

'Anubis.' I lecture.

'Ugh, just twist your ring.' He manages to get out.

I look down at my promise ring and smiled remembering the night he had given me the ring. I do as I was told, and a long, elegant, slender wand replaces it moments later.

"Whoa." I can't help myself say aloud.

'It turns into the thing you need most and changes back when you no longer need it.' He says.

'And your guard is dead asleep, I can hear him snoring. You should escape now.' He advises.

'What about you?'

'Escape now Sadie, we don't have that much time.'

It scares me how stern he can get.

'And Zia?'

'She knows what to do, she's staying here.'

I silently use the tip of my wand which is surprisingly thin to pick the lock. I grin silently and open the door quietly.

'What now?' I question.

'Go to where all the hallways meet.' He replies simply.

How can one be so calm in a situation like this? I walk down the hall and see Deathbreath there.

"The guards are on lunch brea-"

He gets cut off by my giving him a bear sized hug. I pull away and he gently leans in for a kiss. This kiss is different than the others. I feel sparks like usual, but in this kiss there's something more. Pure happiness.

And then, he does something I wouldn't expect him to do. He picks me up bridal style and jumps out the window.

-

Yes yes I know bad writer I know I promised whoops 😔 throw peaches at me now. I'm doing something new. 3 likes for an update. 😄