Chapter 11

REQUEST AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE MY DARLINGS YAY
And the dedi goes to....*drumroll* @Fihamian YAY cookie for you (::)

Our footsteps echo down the seemingly endless hallway, and a wave of dejavú washes over me. It reminds me of before we were sucked into the painting. I reach down and grasp Anubis's free hand. He looks down at me, smiling reassuringly.

"I think it's this way." He says, breaking the silence.

We travel down the hallway, towards the middle of the pyramid.

"I don't know who Set thinks he is, but is ass is about to be whooped." I say.

Anubis nods in agreement.

"I just hope I'm never a damned horse again."

We both start laughing.

"What's wrong with horses?" I ask.

"Nothing, I just don't like being treated like an idiot like those guards treated me."

I go silent. He squeezes my hand, being the reassuring guy I know. We reach the end of the hallway, and he bends down and gives me a slight peck on my lips.

"The best of luck, ms. Kane."

"And to you too, Sir." I say back, following the ancient joke.

We walk into the huge room, where a throne rested in the middle. A tall figure I know as Set sat in the throne, a snake wrapped around his shoulders like a scarf. He stood up in shock as his eyes landed on Anubis. Anubis whipped out his sword.

"No magic. Hand to hand combat only." He snarled.

Set thought about this for a while, and began to nod his head.

"If you insist."

He threw his wand on the floor and looked to us, expecting us to do the same. We did, and as soon as we did, Set snatched the wands up, broke ours in half, and scattered the pieces across the floor. He began twirling his wand in his fingers.

"Ah Miss.Kane, you should know much much better. Especially you, Anubis. Now, let's get this party started, shall we?"