Chapter 12

NEW CHAPPIE YAY

I yank my dagger out of its holster and charge at Set. In a swift movement, I fake a left and manage to swipe the blade through his tough skin. He yells in agony and falls to the ground. I look at my dagger in wonder. Could it really have done that much damage?

No. I lurch at Set, but a mischievous smile forms on his face and he throws me over his shoulder. I hear a sickening crack as I come in contact with the ground. I start to get up, but I fall limp as Set thrusts his wand in my direction. A spell to paralyze me. Anubis lunges at Set himself, and is more successful than I am.

But he was hurt badly and knocked unconscious. It's hopeless. I'm paralyzed and my boyfriend is unconscious. Anubis had managed to do some pretty bad damage to Set, but not enough to send him back to the Duat.

A familiar smell begins to waft into the room, and I seem to be the only one to notice it. The sparrow flies in and begins to tweet furiously. She begins to transform into a human. My eyes widen in shock as I realize who it is.

It's Isis. She goes unnoticed by Set, who's preoccupied with tending to his wounds. She walks behind him, and thrusts her dagger into his back. He gasps, and is turned into a pile of golden dust. Isis kicks the dust apart and mutters a spell that unparalyzes me. She tends to my broken rib and begins cursing at Set in ancient Egyptian.

She maneuvers over to Anubis and presses her fingers to his forehead. His dark brown eyes flutter open in shock, and I rush over to him to hug him.

"Deathbreath! I thought you were seriously hurt! Don't ever do anything like that again to me, or I will Judo flip you like Annabeth does Percy!" I warned.

He gave a weak laugh and smiled. "I'll try not to, Princess."

I help him to his feet.

"Set was possessed by Apophis. He was his easiest target. It's dealt with now, thanks to you, and I guarantee Apophis will not be attempting to rise for at least another 5000 years. He needs to regain his strength." Isis informs Anubis and I.

We nod, understandingly, and Isis leads us to a painting of the hallway we were in before and steps into it, looking back at us as she disappears.

A slithering sound begins to near, and I turn around to the snake that had once been around Set's neck. Anubis jabs at it with a swift motion of his dagger and the snake turns into its own pile of golden dust. I kick it apart. (Here you go, Fifamian ) Anubis's deep brown eyes gaze into my blue ones and he bends over. His plush lips touch mine, and he puts his hands on my cheeks. After a while, he gently lifts his head back up, and we continue into the painting, hand in hand.

As we enter the hallway, Isis is gone, and my father is waiting on us.

"A message from the gods. They would like to see you now." He says, softly.