Nightmare, Dream, or in between

Marc's P.O.V

"Hello Prince Weiland. How are you today?"

I turn around in confusion. This is my dream, I didn't invite anyone in. I want the peace and solitude it provides. I do my thinking best here.

When I look back to tell the voice to go away, the words choke in my throat.

"S-sang?"

Suddenly, my dream turned to a sick and twisted nightmare. I must have accidentally let a part of the dream slip to my subconscious.

My dream Sang smiles at me softly as she sits down on the bright green grass beside me.  Soft green eyes and long soft blonde hair that cascades down her back in beautiful waves.

"I can see you're hurting. Do you want to talk about it?" Her voice is kind and soothing as she looks into my eyes. It's almost as if she's really in front of me and not just a part of my nasty imagination right now.

I can feel the tears well up into my eyes, so I look away from the image of her next to me before I reply to her. Mt throat swelling unintentionally with the chaotic emotions that wage war inside me.

"I lost my soulmate, and seeing you dead, because I couldn't stop it... it all hurts. Like peeling off an old wound. I dont think i can handle anything more right now. I feel drained and scared."

I was almost sure she couldn't hear most of what I said through my croaking voice, but somehow she had. She nods at me calmly as her eyes soften with understanding.It takes everything in me to not choke on the sob in my throat.

"Death is a hard concept of life. Not many people can say they're but completely sane to the ways of death, and you can't let it control and eat away at you. Sometimes, things are meant to happen. Even when it hurts immensely, they happen for several reasons. That's just life, though." Sangs voice is filled with pain and suffering. As if she herself knows how much suffering and pain death can bring. It's almost as if this isn't a dream and everything is real.

I know logically that she is telling me the truth, but it all seems unfair to me.

"Why would life take my mate from me? What reason is good enough to cause you to lose your life?" I have a whine in my tone, but I couldn't care less in this moment.

The only lesson that life has given me from my mate being gone is to show me pain and worthlessness. I can't find any reasoning or logic into what I or any of my brothers have done to deserve the torture we've been put through. And I sure as hell can't understand what made the world create such sweet and beautiful beings like our mate and Sang, only to rip them away from us.

"You're still here, though, Prince Weiland. That says a lot. Life gave you this story to make you stronger. You may feel like you've given up, but you haven't. You wake up every day, and that's one step more making you stronger."

"Well, if this is what's supposed to make me strong, then I'd rather be weak." I scoff at the thought. What good was strength, when I've lost everything that makes me want to be strong in the first place? How much longer am I expected to continue breathing in a painfully exhausting world.