Help me out of the dark

It takes a tremendous amount of force to open my eyes. I feel wary and exhausted.  I raise my hands above my body in a much needed stretch, my hand brushing against a soft satin material.

I blink a couple of times. I'm trying to figure out what happened or what is going on.

I can't see anything, and for a moment, I almost think I went permanently blind. But when I flick two fingers together, creating a soft white glow, I could see what I touched.

I'm in a long box. I'm laying on soft pink and white fabric, with the same kind above me. I can only raise my arms halfway.

But I'm not stupid. I know the inside of a casket. But how did I get here? What happened?

I hate waking up after tough rejuvenations. My mind stays a little muddled for about half an hour. And until then, I suffer, knowing that I missed something important.

I remember Tammy-mother telling me to start packing so we could move. . . She gave me a beating and said I had permission to use my abilities for strength.

I remember driving for hours before pulling up to a large mansion. I had stressed about its cost. I know I would need either a good job or to work a few different ones.

What did I do next...?

I-I walk inside the mansion, follow mother's directions to outside. A shed like place. Servant house. It's not big, but it's way bigger than the closet I used to use...

Had to check on the job applications I applied for.

A rock guy told me I didn't have the original job but offered me a different one. I had to go to the palace for a meeting the next morning.

Met a prince... Prince Blackbourne!

We talked about the job I had to do before he took me to a huge and beautiful room. Where I soon met Prince Coleman...

Then I had to go to lunch with the other girls from the Selection...

They were being inconsiderate and rude.... talking badly on the Princes, I stood up and defended them. Eventually, it was taken to the auditorium room...

Where Marie and Macey told them of my abilities... I remember feeling embarrassed and ashamed of myself. So I ran out.

I had to go back to the pretty room and grab my purse and change.

After I got all those dimond pins out of my hair, I started making my way to the foyer to leave...

Oh my shit. Those girls mauled me!

I didn't think they would kill me! I would have tried to fight back immediately.  But I don't know my limits. I'm used to being killed that I'm not sure how close is too close.

But what happened after that roar?

My mind shows a weird Astral projection of my dead body. Mangled and torn apart.

I looked gruesome. They did a pretty good job at making me nearly unrecognizable.

Prince Taylor Jr. slung out his arms, making all the girls slam into walls, them all then unable to move.

His hands shake as he reaches to touch my neck with two thick fingers. He's probably trying to check for a pulse. When he finds nothing, his face turns scarily blank as he looks at my body.

Pink tears drop from his face as Prince Green forces him away from my body.

They place all my parts onto a stretcher, taking me to a medical hall. Prince Green is trying to heal my corpse but getting nowhere.