Chapter 7

{A/n: Hey everyone Roach here with another chapter. DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT own Assassin's Creed!}

*Emerald City*

It's been 1 year since I've come to this world and I have essentially built up the Assassin Brotherhood from the ground up. While gathering on information on Archduke Elias I've also been gathering resources and man power for the Brotherhood and now in a city of about 50,000 there is about 250 members in the Assassin Brotherhood. That might not be a large number compared to the number of citizens but I have enough manpower to have eyes in all points of the city outside of the nobility district. The Brotherhood was also forced into taking Siegmund and his family under their protection as Archduke Elias is targeting him and his family. Apparently the Black Order sees Siegmund as a threat to their operations and moved to eliminate him. They tried to attack him in his home about 8 months ago.

*8 Months Earlier*

I was in Garius's shop it has been about 3 or so months since I started the Assassin Brotherhood and several of the slaves I rescued and majority of the Moon Wolf Tribe have joined the Brotherhood. I was talking with Garius about his work on recreating the Hidden blades when one a young girl entered the shop. At first sight most people would think she's just a young girl doing chores for her parents and heading to pick up an item at a blacksmith but in  reality she was a messenger from the brothels. "Master Ezio I have a message from Lady Selene." She said handing it to me and I nodded and pulled out some coins and gave it to her as payment for the message. "Thank you." I replied and she smiled and took the coins and left. I opened the letter and started reading it. The letters of this world looked jumbled to me and I couldn't make any of it out but thanks to Apollo giving me the ability to understand the language of this world I could read the letter as if it was written in Italian. My eyes went wide as I read the letter. Apparently one of Lady Selene's girls who works at the Enchanted Rose Brothel heard from one of Archduke's man that they had planned on taking out a merchant named Frazer for their boss and the attack was scheduled tonight and to look like a bunch of thieves broke in and murder him and his family. After reading the letter I rushed into the training  grounds. Where several of my Assassins were training including Mona.

"Archduke Elias is going to attack Siegmund Frazer and his family tonight! We need to stop them!" I said and Mona and Kale stepped forward. "We want to help! They were kind enough to let us travel with them to the Emerald city!" Kale said and Mona nodded in agreement. "Very well. Then let's get moving!" I said and several of them followed me. We made sure to travel through the alleys and make sure the guards don't spot us. Once we got to Siegmund's shop I spread out the Assassins around his shop and we waited for the attack to happen. A few hours past night fall a group of men dressed in thieves clothing moved to Siegmund's shop. I hid my signal to my assassin's by whistling like a bird and we moved in to attack. The thieves busted in the door but we started taking out the guys in the back. We then continued to eliminate everyone of the thieves and disposed of their bodies. Garius had came with us and used his skills to replace the door. It was as if nothing had happened and after that event I had put a guard on Siegmund and his family without them even knowing.

*Back to Present Day*

Of course after awhile there were more attempts and I had to reveal to Siegmund that his family was in danger and that Archduke Elias was seeking to kill him. Once he found out he wasn't really surprised by it. Apparently Siegmund didn't have a good image of the man anyway. After that he had agreed to help in exchange for the Brotherhood's protection but wanted nothing to do with the darker side of the Brotherhood's activities. I sighed softly after recounting the past events of the year. I have made several new friends over the years including those adventurers I encountered when I met Siegmund and his family. I even encountered Cierra a few more times and she actually joined the Brotherhood as well. Apparently she found the Magic Counsel's actions strange and came to the Emerald City to do some research on them and wound up discovering the Black Order. She came to me  in hopes of me helping her get out of the city but when she found out I was going after the Black order she joined the Brotherhood and now serves as the Brotherhood's Magic researcher.

*Meanwhile*

Archduke Elias was in a meeting with a group of other nobles. "So Siegmund still lives?" One said and Elias growled in annoyance. "He's being protected by someone!" Elias said in annoyance. "If they're adventurers then they shouldn't be to much trouble to get them to stop!" One said rubbing his mustache. "That's the problem. They're no adventurers! It's some group that's been targeting my organization! A year ago they wiped out my slave traders and freed the slaves." Elias explained and another raised an eyebrow. "What makes you think they're connected though?" One asked and Elias crossed his arms and stood up straight. "The wounds on the bodies are all the same. Puncture wounds created by a small blade in either the throat or chest." Elias explained and they nodded. "I see. Then we should start looking into this group immediately and eliminate them before they have the chance to interfere with the Grand Master's plan!" The man said. "Agreed!" Elias said and everyone nodded. "Well if that's everything then that concludes this meeting." The leader of the meeting said and everyone nodded. "Good. Now May the Goddess grant us success!" The leader said. "May the Goddess grant us success!" Everyone said as the meeting ended.

{And done with another chapter! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Until the next update!}