Luke Imagine

"Um, Luke?" I yelled from my comfy position on the couch. I'm currently nine months pregnant and I think that I just felt a contraction. Luke, my husband, popped his head around the corner so it was all that I could see.

"Yes dear?" I smiled at his cuteness, even after a year of marriage he still made my heart flutter every time I see him.

"I uhh, I think it's time." I said slowly, sitting up as I do so.

"Oh! Oh God!" He stumbled forward and I could see the look of panic on his face.

"Babe calm down! We prepared for this remember?" I attempted to push myself off the couch but with a giant pregnant belly that is easier said than done so Luke came over and ever so gently grabbed both my hands in his and pulled me up. I kept holding onto one of his hands as I pulled him towards what is going to be the baby's room.

"I packed a bag of everything that we are going to need ages ago." I said as I grabbed the bag out of the closest.

"This is why we are perfect for each other, whenever I freak out you are able to be the calm, stable one." I smiled and pulled him out of the room. He let go of my hand and pulled his phone out of his pocket, phoning the hospital before taking the bag from me and heading towards the front door. I waddled behind him at a much slower pace. He stopped with his hand on the door handle and turned around planting a sweet kiss on my lips. "Let's go have a baby!" He smiled the biggest smile I have ever seen and I returned it.

***

I can't believe it. Seven hours of pain and it happened, I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. I turn onto my side and look at what has quickly become my life. Luke was holding our son and looking down at the sleeping baby in his arms. He smiled and I saw a single tear run down his face, then a second. "Luke honey, are you okay?" He looked up at me then moved towards me, then he sat on the edge of my bed.

"I've never been better. I get to travel the world making music, living my dream, all while being married to the most perfect girl in the world and now a beautiful baby boy. I could never ask for more. I love you." He leaned over and planted a passionate kiss on my lips.

"I love you too. "