Chapter 27: Time To Talk

Parker left the bedroom for a while to respect the others privacy. He came back once the noises died down, because of course that meant Chester finally woke up.

He looked tired, nonetheless...like he actually just woke up from a long nap. In reality, it's only been about fifteen minutes.

"Heyyy, you doing okay, dude?" Parker asked, sitting back down on the bed.

Chester looked at him confused, then down at the only place in his body that was bothering him still.
"A-AHH!" He shrieked, yanking the comforter over him in embarrassment.

"Yeah, yeah- you don't gotta hide it, it's all good." Parker assured, laying on his side so he's facing the frightened other.

"ALL GOOD?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN ALL GOOD?! T-That...was all just a...d-dream?" Chester whispered the last part to himself.

"You fell unconscious while I was fixing your wings. I didn't think much of it until, well, you know..." Parker shrugged.

"S-So...you know? You know...everything??" Chester questioned, unable to look at him in the eyes.

Parker sighed, "Yes, I know...when you reacted like that, everything sort of...clicked."

"I just didn't expect you to say that, okay?! I promise, any other day and I would've just-"

"Chester. I'm well aware, you don't have to cover it up anymore." Parker insisted, mostly in attempt to calm him down from panicking.

"No! You don't get it! I don't care about that stupid little sayin-"

"Be good for me."

That caught him off guard, making his breath hitch loudly as each word went straight to his problem. Chester anxiously kicked the blanket in response.

"I heard you that one night. I was going to knock on your door to apologize for messing with you, but I decided not to once I heard what was happening in there." Parker finally admitted, it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of his chest.

Widened eyes deadpanned at Parker in shock, he couldn't blame him for being surprised.

"O-Oh..." Chester breath shook, his mouth refused to shut all the way.

"If I may ask, were you...yourself when that happened? I mean, you clearly remember it happening so..." Parker asked. Finally, he could get the answers he so desperately needed.

Chester hesitantly nodded, "Yeah...it still didn't feel like I was in control of my own actions, though....everything felt so weird, I just wanted to get things over with..."

Parker cocked his head to the side, "Are you feeling weird right now?"

Chester's eyes shot back up at him, his bottom lip quivering. "W-Why do you care?? It's not like you can do anything..."

"Chester, I said whatever happens in the future involving your problems, I wouldn't care right? These are one of those things I was talking about." Parker muttered, eyes glancing down at the blankets that were shaking from Chester's movements.

"W-What?? Are you crazy?! You don't need to be involved in this!!! I've got it all under control!" Chester argued.

"You sure?" Parker's eyebrow raised.

. . . .
"Um...I'm just s-saying you don't have to be involved." Chester quietly stuttered.

"Alright, but what if I want to?"

More words that went straight to Chester's problem.
"H-Huh?"

"A promise is a promise, right? And I never wanted to exclude anything during that talk. I meant what I said, Chester."

What made him the most uneasy was the fact that Parker sounded 100% serious. That couldn't be right....that's impossible.

"I'm not going to force anything on you, though. Just tell me when you need my help with something and I'll do it, alright?"

Most of Chester's hearing was being blocked out by his own heartbeat thumping rapidly in his ears. He must still be dreaming...this wasn't reality.

"Y-You really have lost it, haven't you?? There's no way you are being serious!" Chester laughed, though he felt more like crying than anything.

"Well, how can I prove myself to you then?" Parker questioned.

Well, shit. This was it, wasn't it? The moment of truth....the action that only happened in his dreams...

Chester slowly pulled down the comforter from his body, ashamed to reveal the problem in question.

Immediately, he buried his face into a pillow, not having the strength to look the other in the eyes anymore.

"...Ah." Parker whispered. The baggy pants barley clung onto Chester's small waist when he was laying down. The only thing that was really keeping them on was the large tent engraved in them.

"Ha! D-Didn't expect that, did you?! Well...there you go, all the proof you need to kick me out of your room!" Chester cried, tightening his grip on the pillow.

"Huh...so this is the thing that's bothering you right now?" Parker quietly asked.

"U-Um...yes?"

. . .
"So do you want me to help you or not?" Parker mumbled.

Chester's heart skipped one too many beats that time. He choked on his own spit as he tried to swallow.
"W-WHA?! HUH?! WHAT??" He hacked out, forcing his head up from the pillow so he can get fresh air into his lungs.

"You heard me."

"Do you want my help?"