Chapter 56: I Would Take A Bullet For You Just To Prove My Love

Everything happened at once.

Quite frankly, it was all a blur to Parker. And he wasn't even the one shot in the first place.

Trent got up from his hiding spot to tackle down the guy who shot Chester while Parker hoisted his friend up to drag him away quickly.
He never looked back to see if Trent was going to be alright on his own.
Quite frankly, he didn't care.

As soon as they got to the car, Parker seated him carefully in the back, not bothering to wrap the seatbelt around him since, well, Chester was slouched over and he literally couldn't even if he wanted to.

Soon enough he puts the car in reverse and speeds away from the scene.

"Hey, Chester. You hear me? C'mon man, you gotta stand up. ...Gotta get you inside." Parker tries not to stammer as he shakes Chester's shoulder.

He doesn't get a response.

And so he grabs Chester's arm to pull him out of the car. He then hoists that same arm over his shoulder to help walk him inside.

He carefully places him on the couch before dashing to the bathroom to retrieve the medical kit.

"You're going to be okay, bro. It's going to be okay." He mutters quietly, kneeling down beside him and lifting up Chester's bloodstained shirt.

There's a bullet wound right above the left side of  his hip. Upon closer inspection, there's also an exit wound.

That means he won't have to fish out a bloody bullet from his boyfriend's skin. Yay.

Unfortunately for him though, he's no doctor. He hasn't gotten a damn clue what to do in this situation.

You obviously can't just slap some Flex Tape onto the wound, so quite frankly he's already out of ideas.

He decides to put his faith in a few large bandages. At least those will stop the bleeding for a little while, right?

He puts a few bandages on each side of the wound, applying only a little pressure.
He then goes to get a towel to wipe off the remaining blood on Chester... and himself.

He abruptly stops when he notices one of Chester's wings twitching awake.

"Mmmhh...."

The towel falls out of Parker's tense hands.

"Chester?!" He gasps, rushing to be at his side. He cringes as Chester tries to stretch, only for him to shout out in pain.

"FUCK! OW!" Chester hissed, hand clenching at the wound.

"Careful! I don't want you bleeding more." Parker frowns, carefully grabbing the hand that's on the man's wound.

"Wh... What? What the hell happened?" Chester exhales sharply. He squeezes his eyes shut as a spike of pain runs up his body.

"You- You were shot. Damn it Chester, why'd you stand up?! I could've had Trent do it or something! You shouldn't have gotten hurt- I shouldn't have allowed that to happen..." Parker rests his head on the edge of the couch cushion, taking in a shaky breath.

"I'm sorry..."

Chester's eyes widen at those words.

"Why are you sorry??"

Parker sighs.

"Because if I hadn't been bickering with that moron, you would still be okay."

Chester could feel his heart clench in his chest as Parker begins to shake. He wasn't trying to hide the fact that he was crying from him.

"Parker... I'm the one who chose to stand up, not you. It's not like you both forced me to my feet or something. I made my own choice and went with it. None of that is your fault." He murmurs, placing a hand on top of Parker's head.

"It feels like it is though... What kind of boyfriend am I if I can't even protect you from a lousy guard..?" Parker sniffles into the couch.

The hand travels through Parker's hair lovingly.

"Pff, I wouldn't call that guy lousy. He looked pretty strong to me. But like I said, it's not your fault. I'm not mad at you, Parker. I don't think I could ever be truly mad at you." Chester smiles before leaning down to kiss the top of his boyfriend's head.

"I love you."

Parker's breath hitches.

"...I love you too."