Chapter 6- Called to Action

I took off my hard armour plate and set it in my closet. Every night I did the usual, clean and heal wounds as I sipped my feelings away in the form of Whiskey. But no amount of alcohol could keep me from figuring out this girl.

She knew me, but how? She had a familiar feel about her that messed with my head.

I scrambled from police files and web sites for any notable information on Zephyr. "Fuck..." I sighed, dropping my head, after finding nothing. I slapped my hand on the table, causing the picture to my right to fall.

A framed phote of Dick, Sammie, Taylor, and me at Dick's graduation ceremony. Memories of the old days with us, flood through my head.

Dick and Sammie were so heels for each other and... whatever me and Taylor were. I was determined to look after her. She would never get hurt as long as I was alive... well that was short lived.

I rubbed Taylor's face on the picture to remove some dust.

I'm sorry Taylor...

-

"Clearly, I've shown, I can handle myself... If Two Face tries anything, I'll be there! I'll give you updates. Please..." I pleaded with Ra's and Talia.

They exchanged a glance. "Fine." I was shocked as Ra's answered my request. "Really?"

"It's been nearly a year. We trust you... Talia will send you with two guards to an apartment in the center of Gotham. Pack your things." Ra's explains.

- (no ones pov) -

"You. Come closer. I have a job for you young one."

He leans in to whisper the opportunity to her. "Your greatness, she's been through enough." He gave her a cold hearted stare.

"Sacrifices have to be made in order for the greatest warrior to prevail." She sighs, knowing what she is about to commit.

-

We emerge to the building. Three stories high, with a garage on the side. It seemed to be run down. Not that I'm not greatful of the building but with a man of high power and lots of money, it was... not what I was expecting.

The first floor is a reception table, empty and a hallway leading to the elevator to the second floor only.

Only one guard followed me into the lift with two suitcases. The other staying in the car.

We arrived to the only door on the floor. White and wooded rustic-ly. She dropped my suitscases nicely on the floor and took the key from her pocket.

She opened the door and I couldn't believe what I saw. Assuming to be a dump with some crappy furniture and a box TV, I was sorely mistaken.

An open concept, with dark oak floor boards and a cute wooden kitchen on my right. To my left was a dining table and in the center of the first floor was a fancy living room.

White leather sofas and a dark coffee table. Fit with a mounted flat screen TV and plants with white vases to compliment the TV area.

There was a stair case. Continuing the dark wood theme. Under the stairs lead to two French doors. In the room was naturally litghted, with long open windows.

The room was an office, with a desk and a closet. On the wall to my right was an elevator, intrigued, the guard forced me to continue the tour.

We walked up stairs to a massive bedroom. Of course not as big as the cabin in the woods vibe bedroom back at the league, but it was still huge.