Five

ECHO

EDITED

I Silently climbed back down and he tensed when I did but I don't mind. I trotted over to him and sat in front of him . And I stared at him and he stared at me .

"Hi.." He said quietly . I sat closer and wondered what he would do. He sat down from standing and looked around taking a deep breath.

" What's up kitty?" He said I tilted my head .

Kitty?
I'm not a kitten ! I'm full grown.

I walked over to him and sat on his feet.

" Umm.. Whoa there.. " he said he suddenly putting  His hand on my shoulder and I couldn't move I froze and so did he . He stared wide eyed and I felt him shaking . After a few minutes I moved so his hand would rub through my fur. I heard a slight growl from angel , I stood up and growled back ..

'Stop!he is human! He will skin you alive!'

'No.. He won't he is different !'

' I'm going in the tree if he does anything guess what I'm going to kill him.'

I rolled my eyes.

' Quit it .. He won't hunt me or anything I have claws angel .' He growled and went up in the tree. I went back the man and sat there rubbed my face against his hands. His hands softly petted my head and it felt great!

"Hey buddy how are you?"

I wanted to turn to human to answer but I'm not even sure that I could turn  human. Or monkey people.

RYLIES POV

He was here , he is touching me ... And not killing me ... I smiled and suddenly everything in me calmed down and slowed . I suddenly didn't really know what to do except it there.

It was then that I had gained a true friend on my adventures. I trusted him , probably more than I should.. I depended on him to meet me here everyday and almost every night I would run out to the field and he would meet me and would hang out and watch the sunset. I paid no mind to the people at camp who's names have now slipped my mind.

"Do you ever get loobley..?" I said to him. He just looked at me. Its an animal.. He doesn't know what I am talking about. Which hurts because .. He is my best friend here and back home. I never was really social.

"Do you ever just want a family .. So you can take care of them until the littles ones leave? Do you ever wonder what life would be like if you were different?" I asked laying down ,the huge cat laid down next to me. I petted his broad muscular shoulders .

"Well... I'll never know,  but I was just curious.. Ya know  " He licked my hand and that alone made me nervous. It's been almost two months he's never done that . Maybe he knows I'm sad and wants to help.

" I'm a lonely low key guy.. If you were human.. You would make so many friends ... They would accept you .." I chuckled with a bitter sweet remedy.

" No one would call you a freak." I said  " They wouldn't call you a fag, or a loser , or a mistake written in pen.. You won't cut your wrists to take away the pain.. You wouldn't cry every night ... You would fit in... In the clan of clicks at collage and all.. Nothing would every dare to hurt you.. But then again your a tiger .. You wouldn't have to fit in.. Is it like that in the wild?" I asked and confessed. I'm not a cutter to gain attention. I could careless.  I cut because it takes my worries and pain away washing down the sink In a pool of red to be diluted with water. I looked at this beautiful creature before me and pictured  him human or at least remotely human.. He would fit in by the colpor of his eyes .. Or the way his hair is ... Or just his body.. Unlike me who has no place in the world rather than to travel and stay out of people's lives. I don't mind though.. Everyone was boring anyway.

Or at least I thought so ..